Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Demeter VTBP as a Direct Out?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by camerondye, Jul 29, 2003.

1. camerondye

camerondye

Nov 7, 2000
    How does the Demeter Pre-Amp do as a Direct Out? Do all of the Demeter pre-amps come with the Jensen?

2. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    It's awesome. Soundmen rave about it all of the time. I've heard a CD burnt from a DAT off of the board from one show I played and I was knocked out by my bass sound.

Most have the Jensons. Only some old school,1 1/2 rack space models don't.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    they all have the Jensen transformer. i've used my old Demeter as an acoustic guitar DI box, and was astounded by the tones. funny, but wasnt nearly as transparent as my Demeter DI mono box. all that EQ crap prolly gets in the way, but they both sound great.

about as good as the DI on my Kern. ;)

4. Also mine (1 1/2) makes the soundman happy. You can plug in all kinds of stuff and it will sound great. Last week my friend brought a sterling. Interesting: it was the only bass sofar, that didn't benefit so much. It was the brightest bass I've tested, so I guess the tubes mellowed the sound. It was still very usefull, but not the same as the one direct into console.
    Otherwise, all fenders, alembics, warwicks sounded more alive...

Hope this helps

Jure

5. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    Acutally, they don't.

The 1 1/2 black faced model was offered in two versions: One with the "optional" DI out/Jenson transformer and one without.

All current production Demeter bass preamps have the Jenson and any Demeter w/ a DI has the Jenson.

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    The older 1 1/2 space model came with or without the Jensen transformer. IIRC, I paid an extra $150 or so for the Jensen.

VTBP-201L - without Jensen transformer
    VTBP-201DBL - with Jensen transformer

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Yup!!!.....soundmen love the direct out on my Demeter! Some soundmen I've been working with for years like it best out of all my pre's.