1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Demeter VTBP-M-800D w/ Jensen DI and Mono M80 Carry Bag - both as new

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by crossover, Dec 15, 2016.

1. crossover

crossover Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Price:
    $1300
    Demeter VTBP-M-800D with Jensen DI option and Mono M80 Carry Bag both as new. Absolutely LOVE this amp. Worthy of all the praise and accolades it receives - I’m only selling it to help fund a few new builds I’ve paid/paying for. If other things move, I’ll pull it. If it doesn’t ever sell, I promise not to cry. Get yours before they’re no longer available, parts supply to build them new is either dwindling or may already be exhausted. Will ship or deliver with original factory box; wiling to meet for local deal. $1900 retail, selling price from new you'd pay $1579 + $120 bag + $30 ship = $1729 delivered. Priced to move at $1300 Shipped/insured within the lower 48. No trades - thanks. Paypal ok

IMG_2059.JPG IMG_2054.JPG IMG_2058.JPG IMG_2056.JPG IMG_2057.JPG IMG_2055.JPG IMG_2050.JPG IMG_2052.JPG IMG_2053.JPG

Features
    All tube pre-amp circuitry Hand wired in the USA using High quality components, DC filament, full 280V high voltage supply. Classic passive tube tone controls Treble, Middle, Bass with frequency selector and presence with frequency selection. We replaced the original bright switch with our new Mode switch that lets you control the overall tone: Dark, Normal and Bright. The unit has a pre-amp output if you need to run more amplifiers. A select Jensen transformer drives our 800 watt class D Amplifier. There are two Speakon combo jacks on the back to hook up your speakers. We offer upgrades for Jensen transformer Direct outputs and a line level effects loop. The amp weighs 10.5 lbs and messures 13”wide x 5.5”high x 9”deep. Built right here in the USA in our Barn in Templeton CA.

Tone section:
    • Treble Control: The treble control gives 6 dB of boost or cut at 4 kHz (6dB per octave, shelving type).
    • Middle Control: The middle give 6dB of boost or cut at 500Hz (wide Q, peaking type).Bass Control: The bass control gives 9dB of boost or cut at a selectable frequency of 60Hz or 120Hz (6dB per octave, shelving type).
    • Presence Control: The presence control gives up to 12dB of boost at a selectable frequency of 2kHz or 4kHz (active type, 6dB per octave).
    • Mode switch: Dark, is a high frequency cut fatting up your fundmental. Normal, flat opertion showing off more overtones. Bright, brings out the overtones on the dullest basses or speakers.
    • Internal Volume Trimmer: This control is designed to match the output volume of the VTBP-M-800D with the sensitivity of any Bass.
    • Optional, Studio Output: The VTBP-M-800Dm- features a mic level Jensen DB-E output transformer for a balanced studio output.
    • Effects Loop: in/out line level
    • Power Amp Outputs: Operating at 4 (800w),8 (500w) or 16 ohm (250w). 1/4” & Speakon

Preamp Specifications:
    • Inputs: one instrument level 1/4” jack.
    • Output impedance (line): > 1 kohm, (unbalanced)
    • Minimum load impedance: 10K
    • Input impedance: > 1megohm
    • Maximum output: + 24dBV
    • EQ gain : + or - 12 dB
    • Signal to noise ratio: - 80dB
    • THD : .5%
    • Outputs (preamp): 1/4” unbalanced , Optional 3 pin XLR Direct out
    • Frequency response : 10Hz to 40kHz
    • Tube: 1-12AX7a selected 1-12AT7
    • Operating voltage: 115V or 230V AC
    • Power supply: 280V DC
    • Filament: 6.3 V DC

Power Amp Specifications:
    • Outputs (power amp): 1/4” Speaker & Speakon
    • Output impedance (power amp): 4 ohm, 8 ohm, 16 ohm
    • Output Power (power amp): 800 watt RMS @ 4 ohms, 400 watt RMS @ 8 ohms

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    bassbooty, Matt R, JxBass and 6 others like this.
  2. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    day after Christmas bump
    unbelievably great amp, good price.
    you'll miss it ;)

GLWTS

so tuff and crossover like this.
  3. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    The cure for basshead GAS right here. I stopped window shopping once I landed mine.

crossover likes this.
  4. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Wise words gentlemen... if it weren't for a couple of new builds becoming due, it wouldn't even be offered.
    Although I am surprised no one has jumped on it yet.

5. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    PMs replied - still available

6. crossover

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Sold - thank you!

gotfunk21 likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021