Demo in works!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Brendan, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Spent the last 4 hours laying down the tracks for the demo tape we're doing. It's like the demo of a demo, if you will. We're doing it for more of a personal project, but if it works out well, we'll transfer to CD and make it a full fledged demo.

Layed down 5 tracks, with three more coming. For some reason, my drummer was bleeding into my channel, so I ended up having to do my bass stuff el solo. I felt really weird standing there, in front of my rig, platying w/ nobody, listening to the guitars and drums in a headphone set, and playing mostly by the rumble. Kinda funky.

Why I'm writing this at all? One word. Eden!
    It makes my basses sound big, full, and thick. It's THE sound I want outta bass, and it made my $200 bass sound like a million. My MTD was even better. Then, we started mixing to 3 instrument tracks, and the bass refuses to be covered at all. It really settles not under the guitar, but around it. Very cool.

Demo should be finished Sometime this week. When that gets done, I'll see about maybe getting some Mp3's up. If I do, promise you won't laught at my *horrible*bass playing.

I am so pyshced about that Eden, and the demo. :D
  2. Sounds cool, can't wait to hear it!
  3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    can't wait to hear it, either...

or see you guys live, for that matter.

(fwiw, my band's planning on recording our songs onto 4-track soon. as in, like, this week).
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    cool, hope to hear you soon brendan
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    keep us updated, man...i'd love to hear ya