1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Demo Rough Cuts - Your Opinions

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by topper, Mar 18, 2008.

1. I just posted six rough mixes from my band's trip to the studio on MySpace: http://www.failuretoyield.net

We're still waiting for final mixes, but I'd love to hear what you all think.

A little background...

Genre is folk rock. We did all the tracking for all six songs in 7 hours in the studio.

A few of the songs might have merited another take or a punch in to clean up some leads, but like I said it's a demo.

What do you think?

2. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    The musicianship is pretty good. I love the horns, yes that is a nice touch. Seems you guys have put a folksy spin on some cover tunes. That said, it would be nice to hear something original. Do you guys have any original material? Anyway, keep rockin'. Good luck with your band.

3. Half of those tunes (3 of 6) are original. The Weight, Wild Night and After Midnight are covers, but While We Dance, Island Breeze and Hey Little Driver are all originals.

Thanks for the compliments on the musicianship!

4. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    OK Kool, I'll go back and listen again. Thanks for pointing that out.

5. Anyone else have input or thoughts?