1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Demo Video of Darkglass B3K Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by attackbass, Jun 2, 2011.

1. attackbass

attackbass

Jul 16, 2007
    Endorsing Artist:Orange Amps, EBS FX, Ernie Ball, Fender Bass Guitars
    Hey,

I am a Darkglass Electronics artist and recently did a demo video for the B3K Overdrive which is now up on thier youtube.

I thought it would be of interest to some of you guys over here on talkbass and if anyone want to hear what it can do tone-wise. If you want to check it out you can find it here YouTube - ‪Microtubes B3K Demo by Will Davies‬‏

Cheers

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Nice.

The B3K is definitely my favorite overdrive of any that I've used. What was your signal chain for that video?

3. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    nice one! is that all done with a pick?

you play for Attack!Attack!? do y'all have the one album out or have you released/are working on another?

this is a salty little pedal, and i have DESIRE.

4. attackbass

attackbass

Jul 16, 2007
    Thanks guys. It was all done fingerstyle apart from one that was done with a pick - which i labelled up on the video.

I play for attack! attack! - The UK band not the US 'crabcore' band. I don't know which one of us you were referring to.

My signal chain for that demo was an FGN custom Jazz with SD SJB-1 > EBS Multicomp > Darkglass B3K > Euphonic Audio I-amp 300 > Aguilar DB112NT - Took a DI from the head and mic'd the cab up with a SM57 into Pro Tools Mbox 2

5. NewLaw83

NewLaw83

Jun 26, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Man this overdrive sounds awesome.... Great clips and thanks by the way for posting that with the settings!

6. alexa.

alexa.

Jan 31, 2011
    Croatia
    I feel the G.A.S. setting in.
    And I don't even have any money as it is. Awesome.

:spit:

7. Ahaha, I was hoping you were the crabcore attack attack...

because it's hilarious...

8. bassboysam

bassboysam Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario
    One of the pedals I really want to try but at over $300 it's a tough sell.

9. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    Great demo video. Quality sound, no annoying talking. :)

10. attackbass

attackbass

Jul 16, 2007
    Thanks guys! I really do love the sound of this pedal. it stokes me out everytime I use it. It would be really great if you could comment on the youtube page for the video... would be great to help out a small company that has great products!

11. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Excellent sounding pedal.

12. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    thanks for the clip
    attackattack is good until the emo singing kicks in. ruins it

13. attackbass

attackbass

Jul 16, 2007
    haha.... that was probably early stuff you heard, we're a lot more rock, I think now... if you check out our latest album on spotify ' The Latest Fashion'

14. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    woof. yeah, talking to Mssr. Douglas right now. i have some friends that have this and swear by it, that coupled with these clips makle me want to be all over it. think i'm ordering one this weekend.

thing that sold me was how you got a lot of the sonic characteristics i like in pic playing while fingering. nice playing and good clips to show it off!

off to YouTube to comment. thanks!

15. Yes, the Darkglass B3K is rocking my world! :bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist:

16. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    LAH-DEE-FRICKIN-SIGH

17. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Why did I have to watch that video?
    I was all content with not having to spend so much money on this OD too...

Sweet video! I really like how this pedal sounds through my headphones. Not sure how well it would translate to my amp (using some mid-level studio monitor headphones) but I like it enough to be on the lookout for a used one. :ninja:

18. What I really like about the b3k is that it seems to be designed to accurately produce the tone of your bass and amp. I love my clean tone (mesa fathom) and the b3k let's me overdrive it in a way that still sounds like my amp.

19. anezthes

anezthes

Oct 18, 2010
    Cool to see something like that come from Finland. Makes me a bit proud, lol.

+1 on the great video comment. :) Definitely a fan of "no BS" showcases like that.

20. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Nice demo! Are you using palm muting in the second part of the pick sample?

Does this pedal like active and passive basses?