Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassossorus, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Bassossorus

Oct 21, 2004
    Hey, my band just recorded a demo......i think its pretty cool, you can check it out here:MUSIC

The song "grab a stool" was recorded on a Modulus Q6 fretted and the song "untitled" was recorded on a Q6 frettless....

In grab a stool there is some cool (imo) chordal stuff at like 4:12.....any comments would be greatly apprecitated! :cool:
  2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Good stuff... "grab a stool" reminds me a lot of the Spin Doctors.
  3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Them and Phish in particular. Really nice tone! What was up with the vocals in that tune though? They sounded like a vocoder was used- at the end of many of the vocal phrases, the voice sounded like it descended in semitones, like a guitar slide.
  4. Bassossorus

Oct 21, 2004
    many thanks! About the vocals- not too sure to be honest, but we still have to go back to do a final mix at some point and that will be fixed! we were wondering about that ourselves....haha.

Keep the comments coming, they are very much appreciated!
  5. alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    I really like this stuff. other than what was previously mentioned about the vocals, this is some pretty good jam band stuff. keep it up. :)
  6. Bassossorus

Oct 21, 2004
    once again, thanks! :cool:
  7. mlu

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    dude!! I love it. man you got to keep me posted when new material is released. I absolutley love it.
  8. Bassossorus

Oct 21, 2004
    haha many thanks! we will def be in the studio semi-soon, and playing next summer & this christmas/new years in the nyc area....i will be sure to keep you posted.
  9. VVildo

Sep 6, 2005
    I really like it. I didn't hear those artifacts with the vocals until I read about them, but then they were real obvious. Besides that, totally digging it.

Do you have any CDs I could buy online? Cause I would get one immediately.
  10. Bassossorus

Oct 21, 2004
    once again, many thanks. Once the CD's are good to go i will let you know, thanks for the support!