Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Denmark-England 4-1...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by carl-anton, Aug 18, 2005.

1. ...and I didn't see it :bawl:

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I did see it :bawl:

Seriously it was :

First half - England A vs Denmark A 0-0

Second Half - England B (or C team!!) vs Denmark A

If John Terry and Paul Robinson had been there for the second half , there's no way those goals would have been conceded - the England defence was a shambles!!

But it won't be like that in a real competitive match! :)

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Our players were rubbish last night. It was the typical instance of a big team not being motivated against a small team. Oh, and David James is rubbish. That couldn't have helped.

Nail. Head. Hit.

4. I hope for a "Nail. Thump. Hit" next time also :smug:

But good to know that our newer players can get it together like they did, nomatter how bad the opposition was.

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The new very young striker you have is a good player.

6. Bruce Lindfield

Well, what I meant was that in a competitive match, where it's going pretty well - no manager would make 4 or 5 substitutions with sub-standard players!!

When a defence is playing pretty well together with no problems - then you would leave them to get on with it - not upset the balance and bring in a crap goalie just for the sake of it!! ;)

7. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Do our English TB members get frustrated that the English squad seem to take these 'friendlies' so lightly? They don't play that many games together so there's always excitement to see what the squad looks like, but it seems to me (the view from 3000 miles) that they play sluggishly in games of questionable meaning.

BTW, how abvout a 'friendly' between Germany and Holland??!?

8. Bruce Lindfield

Well I think towards the end of the first half , England were playing pretty well, Rooney was fired up and Beckham was playing better than I had seen for a long time, Defoe looked much better than Owen - but all the substitutions at the beginning of the first half completely ruined any coherence they had and left the defence not knowing who to mark and with a goalkeeper who was hardly inspiring confidence!! ;)

Maybe Sven doesn't want anybody to see how well England can play, as it may give away too much of his plans ... ? ;)

9. I have one thing to say to that result

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

good game im sure :smug:

Scotland - Austria was a good game, even tho austria came back in the last 10 minutes, it was a good game, and most of the team was youngsters, shows the difference a new coach can make, go walter!

10. Bruce Lindfield

I sat next to Walter Smith at a game a few years ago - so I am a Brighton & Hove Albion season ticket holder and this was when he was Everton manager - he came to see Bobby Zamora as they were interested in buying him.

Given that Bobby is a Londoner and knew that Spurs were also interested, I'm sure he deliberately played as badly as he could - Walter Smith was getting more and more annoyed and stormed off early in the second half!! :D

(Zamora went to Spurs!! ;) )

11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Belgium-Greece 2-0

W00t!

(frankly, I couldn't care less about my national team.)

12. aye, i hear hes a bit of an angry man at times, my dad worked with him for a while (my dads a physio)

13. Hehe... Just saw a few english headlines.

"Svenberg - probally the worst result in the world" (Svenberg written as the Carlsberg logo)

and "Blunderfull Copenhagen"

14. I saw some of the highlights on FSC last night. That was a disappointing half of football for England. I'm stunned.

Jeff

15. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    [​IMG]

*cough* owned *cough*

16. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well never saw that one coming! :rolleyes: The good old 'far-away' islands!

Actually turned out to be a bad day all round for the UK nations football!

Was shocked to hear England went down 4-1 to Denmark - always nice to hear 'the auld enemy' having a wee mishap.....but biggest defeat in 25 years isn't a nice thing to have to swallow ever!!!

And all the rest of us could do were draws :(

Must admit, I was sitting down to my dinner when I channel hopped onto the Scotland game.......when I saw the Scots boy score....I wondered what year they were re-running this match from..... :eek:

Edit - Soon find out if I actually am on Toasted's 'Ignore' List :bag:

17. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I took you off :) It was all handbags anyway. I put someone else on now instead :)

18. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

That's cool! Rock on :bassist:

19. Bruce Lindfield

Anything to do with Cheese...? ;)

20. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    What exactly happens if you punt someone on your ignorelist?