1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dennis Crouch Touring Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by cjac9, Sep 14, 2010.

1. cjac9

cjac9

Apr 21, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
  2. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    The DB in that first photo looks a lot like a Shen Willow but the DB in the background of the photo of Buddy Miller and Stu Bob the Magnificent is an American Standard strung with guts. ;)

3. cjac9

cjac9

Apr 21, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I bet the guys from Upton could confirm if that was a Shen Willow or not...

4. TPugh

TPugh Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Jackson, TN
    Dennis is one of my favorites. What a great sound. According to this article/interview by Dave Roe with Dennis, he plays an 1800's Tyrolean, and 1800's German Roundback, a Juzek, and old American Standards. I was speaking with Dustin Williams a year or two ago and at that time, they were also prepping a Shen for Dennis to take on the road IIRC. Knowing Dennis, they are all gut-strung.

Thomas

Max George likes this.
  5. Eric Rene Roy

Eric Rene Roy

Mar 19, 2002
    Mystic, CT
    President: Upton Bass String Instrument Co.
    I agree with Jake, def a Shen Willow...but the varnish cut on the heel looks non-stock...like someone reworked the neck.

Max George likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021