1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dennis Dunaway live with Blue Coupe (2014)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by A.K., Feb 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I think Dennis is a great bassist, and worthy of being ranked as highly as Jack Bruce, JPJ, Chris Squire, or Geezer Butler.

This is a cool show from 2014. He's playing with the Bouchard brothers from Blue Oyster Cult. He's using a borrowed Deluxe P-bass because the airline had temporarily lost his famous bedazzled Jazz bass.

gjohnson441496 and osv like this.
  2. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Great to see one of my childhood idols rocking with authority. Thanks for this post.

A.K. likes this.
  3. I'll be honest. I've never given him much of a listen because I can't listen to Cooper for more than 10 seconds. No Alice here so I can listen honestly.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    A.K. likes this.
  4. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    He kicks so much ass on those classic Alice Cooper albums. I was just listening to "School's Out," and that's an amazing bass album.

Blue Coupe is a pretty damn good band. If they come to my area, I'd go see them.

Gluvhand likes this.
  5. There are probably a boatload of great bassists I'm missing out on because I can't get past not liking the music. That's probably not going to change. I'll be 50 in a few weeks. Such is life. Get it?

A.K. likes this.
  6. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Hee, hee. I totally get it.

Also, when you've got Big Al, who else do you need? I heard he's going to live streaming from Cecil and Edith's basement soon. I'll keep you posted.

Gluvhand likes this.
  7. I hear the basement has new wood paneling and fluorescent lighting. Cecil's man cave rocks. Hard.

A.K. likes this.
  8. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    All of Big Al's friends are jealous because they wish they lived in that basement instead of Big Al.

Gluvhand likes this.
  9. Al has no friends. Admirers and sycophants.

A.K. likes this.