Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ad Nauseam, Jul 21, 2002.

1. I wanted to thank everyone who made it to the first of what will be many bassist get togethers for Denver! A big "Thank You!" to mthoople for allowing us to vibrate the foundation of his garage for a day.
    Ebozzz, BrettAM, mthoople, disp, Scott Surine, Zachoff (HC), Ebozzz's friend Luis(?) and myself all made it out for a really great time.
    Here's hoping that we can get even more people out for the next one... I think we're going to plan for October.
    What a bunch of great guys you all are! I had a real blast and it was nice to finally put some faces to all these bass playin' blokes! We're sorry that some of ye ole colorado folk couldn't make it, I'm sure that you will all try to make it to the next one. You can't miss out forever!

Kudos to Scott Surine for bringing 4 or 5 of his awesome basses! That Cat can build a monster of an instrument, I tell you what! (And he's not a shabby bass player, either!).

And another thanks to BrettAM, who had to leave early and didn't get to watch us devour the eclaires he brought!:eek: :D

There wasn't a whole lot of us, but there was barely room to walk in the sea of great basses that we toted in! Matt, if you ever sell that fretted Thumb Bass, you had better let me know first!
    iMe Gusta!

2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
  3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Pictures are in the works. I was slippin' and forgot to bring my digi-cam. It was fun to actually meet some of the people behind the TalkBass personalities and I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting more of my Colorado TB brethren at the next one.

I think that I'm in love with Scott Surine's basses and I actually thought about jacking him for a brief moment. I didn't have any bail money so I decided against doing that! :D It's cool to know that we have someone right in our backyard that can make instruments of that quality. I don't know if I'll ever own anything other than what I already have but if I do decide to get another bass down the road, it's going to be hard for me not to consider a Surine.

Everyone there had very nice basses! Zons, Warwicks, a USA made Spector, a Ric, a Reverend and a neckthrough ESP to name a few. I was easily the worst player there this go around :D, but everyone was really cool. It was also nice to be able to compare/try things that maybe some of us had not been exposed to.

Ad & Matt's rigs were killer and I was able to get some helpful constructive criticism/ideas on my own. It was just a pleasant experience for me. I slept well after arriving home and dreamed of Surines! ;)
  4. Did you try a Quest? I have serious GAS for a Quest Series II, but money is a bit hard to come by right now.:(
  5. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Ad Nauseam is probably the guy to ask about the quest and other Surines. He's the one who got Scott to come by. It was first time seeing/touching/feeling/hearing one so I'm sure that he has a lot more insight than I do. I personally think that they are awesome basses.
  6. I remembered those just after I left, ain't they great?

I'm actually glad there was only seven or so of us there, can you imagine what it would have been like if we had 15 or 20 people there? I'm looking forward to the next one, I'm going to look into redrocks and see if they would mind us coming up and plugging in for the day.

I've definetly fallen in love with one of scott's regencys, I'm thinking a six string unlined fretless would be my weapon of choice. Right now it's tied with an elrick neckthru 4 string for my dream bass. I'm leaning more towards the regency though. Just as soon as I have $4K I'm heading up there to have a chat with scott!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for turning this thing into a helluva good time! And Charles, tell Louis thanks for coming by.
  7. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Already done. He asked me to pass along his thanks to all of you. He really enjoyed himself.
  8. disp

Apr 29, 2002
    Hey guys, first time checking in since the get together.

Pics are on the way, with any luck I'll post them up here by the end of the week.

I would also like to thank everyone who showed up. That was a blast!

9. mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Just checking in, over two weeks later!

Ad, I don't plan on parting with either Thumb any time soon, since I don't know what I would replace them with! :confused: However, if I do, you'll be the first to know!

Ebozzz, the pre/power setup sounded great! I found a 6-space SKB, let me know if you're interested.

disp: any pictures yet? Did you find a crib?

It was great meeting everyone and trying out some new gear. The best part? No noise complaints!!! :eek:

Can't wait for the next Colorado TB Summit!
  10. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Hey Matt! I am definitely ineterested in the SKB and I will email you. I need to get those two pieces hitched and living by themselves! :D

Thanks for the comments about my rig. I had a lot of doubts about how it would compare to some of the things that are available but I came away feeling pretty good about what I own. I won't say that my gear was better sounding than Ad's and yours. I can saty that I don't feel the need to do as much gear hunting as I once was doing. That's a good feeling and now I can concentrate more on playing! i thinking that I've got that buying thing down pretty good. ;)

Are you looking for a crib? If so, I've got one that you need to check out. My daughter wouldn't really spend much time in it when she was smaller. I guess she just liked the feel of the King size that my wife and I share. Holler at me. I can take a few pictures if you're interested.