Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dephiler Help/ Idea

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by merlin, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Roight, i was inspired by the photoshop thread. I have got the blue planet from that and created a "blue dephiler" i made a simple webpage (in notepad) and have the blue planet, black background and dephiler scrolling at the bottom. Its my desktop on my comp.

But what i REALLY want to do is have the dephiler logo orbit the planet. My question is.. How?

If any one has any ideas, please PM me.

I will attach the pictures i am using.

[​IMG]

:D:D

Merls

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    PM Dave Castelo. He is the resident photoshop wizard around here. If anyone can help, I think it is him.

3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Dave is the best way. Any chance of us seeing the finished product? :D

Good Luck!

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    well, you need a gif animator program... I dont really know how many programs are out there and which is the best but Image Ready (that comes with the photoshop program) is one of the easiest to use...

doing an animation like the one you describe could take some time... I would happily give it a when I get some sleep (as in today's afternoon), been partying because of my birthday today...

also there are lots of creative people around here... they might help you out too! :)

5. Thanks!

And happy birthday you BUM! :p

Merls

6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Sorry to go off topic but....

[​IMG]

I was bored and running on energy drink...shut up...:p

Ahhh paint, the poor mans Photoshop

7. My photoshop doesnt have Image Ready. Its Photoshop 4.0.....

I wouldnt mind making the blue logo raised slightly and curved.

My photoshop sucks

Merls

8. You'll need PS 5.5 or higher. That's what I learned on.

But you want that 2-D logo to revolve around a single point in space? For that, I don't think photoshop is the answer. I don't know what program to use...but I don't really think that PS will be too good at warping that raster graphic and treating it like a vector graphic. So prolly recreating the logo in Illustrator (so you can affect it easier) and going that route is prolly smarter

9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    You really want a 3-D animation program to do the revolving logo thing.

I'll try and whip something up tonight or tomorrow.

Merls,

What size final images are you looking for?

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    yes he does...

I can only work in 2-D merls :(

and Kirbywrx... you = crazy :D thanks man!

11. Erm i am not sure. i want to put this as a background on my desktop and hopefully as a screen saver. So something that is roughly a bit larger than the planet itself.

I would like to know how to do this... pity my computers arent up to scratch/speed...

Merls

12. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    If you have any kind of Pentium or faster PC or any kind of PowerMac, you have enough juice to do this kind of stuff.

If you have a PC, there are free and trialware programs available at www.download.com

Search on the term "3D animation".

There was one program that was free that was quite powerful. I wrote down the name of it, but that was at work. When I get back there on Monday I'll post the name.

Anyway, I'm gonna give this a shot now.

13. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    You'll need quicktime 5 or 6 to view this. This is a 1st draft, I still have work on "Dephiler". If you have the font that the letters were done with and you could hook me up with it, I could have the letters fixed in a few minutes. Otherwise, I'll have to create them and that could take some work (I'm not very skilled at this).

Anyway, let me know if this is on the right track.

[edit]
    I deleted the attachment to save server space.

14. Way cool man! What program was that?

15. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I did this in 3D Studio Max. It's probably overkill for this, but I've been using the program on and off for a few years, and dig any chance I can get to play with it.

I lucked out and got a "Not for Resale" version a few years ago for a great price. :)

16. I didnt have quicktime installed so i found one on a cd, Quicktime 3 or something. But it says i may have a problem viewing it as the correct compressor couldnt be found.

I went to download it from the Apple site and its 10 Megs!! on a 33.3 Modem......... :(

Merls

17. Ok we dont have a font. the logo was hand drawn by my guitarist then we doctored it up in Photoshop. This is the plain version attached... if that helps.

Merls

18. Ok i got Quicktime 6. Well i like! i must say that orbiting Dephiler is just what i am looking for except without the white. Anyway to make it a Gif????

Merls