Depth Charge vs. Dredge Tone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Nov 6, 2002.

1. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm looking at getting a distrotion/fuzz pedal. Has anyone used either of these pedals? I've heard the dredge kicks ass, same as the Depth Charge.....
  2. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    well, they're both *very* different pedals. i use my dredgetone to add warmth and to fatten up my tone the way a tube amp would. the depth charge is a much more extreme fuzz/distortion box. i find that the dredgetone sounds great for overdrive but not so great for fuzz, that's why i use the dregdetone for overdrive and a rat modded for more low end for fuzz.

3. benevan

May 2, 2002
    Does anyone have any sound clips of the Depth Charge, or know where some might be? The sound file link on the Prescription site says "coming soon" as it has for a couple of years now.
  4. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

I have not tried a Depth Charge. Like you, I tried for a while to find out about it. I didn't have any success.

I use an Angler for overdrive, too. It is the best bass overdrive I have ever used. It replaced my Fulltone. For fuzz, I use Frantone Lo-tone. This is a great bass fuzz for a trully classis 60's fuzz sound. Think 'Freddie's Dead' by Curtis Mayfield. This thing is awesome. I use it with phaser on my Steinberger XL-2 fretless. What a killer sound!
  5. pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    For Fuzz/Distortion, I second the Frantone Lo-tone. I don't own it, but have tried it out several
    times, and it's awesome. I'm not allowed to buy any more distortion pedals :)