1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Derek Trucks Band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassist15, Mar 26, 2006.

1. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    I jsut wanted to again say how much I really like this band! I saw them on Conan Obrien and then I went out and bought thier album Songlines. I really like the album and I wanted to know what other of thier albums are good. They also had some devistating news , their gear trailer got stolen that had all their vintage gear in it. Just wanted to say how much I liked this group.

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I have their 1st 2 albums...good stuff, probably less vocals than what you have on Songlines.

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Just a heads up for any of you Derek Trucks/ Todd Smallie fans. The new DVD is great with excellent grooving from Todd. There is even a nod to Willie Weeks on 'Everything Is Everything'. More than two hours of great music from one of the best improvisational rock bands out there! Cheap too!

4. I wish I had Todd's job!!!

5. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    I don't have songlines, but their others cds are great albums, and I definanatly reccomend them. They were on HDnet a while ago, I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but the parts I did were great.

6. DTB is one of those groups where I've never really warmed to the studio recordings. They are such an incredible live show and the studio just doesn't seem to capture the magic the same way.

Cruise archive.com and pick up some live shows....you won't be disappointed.

7. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    DTB was featured on HD Net the first week of July. I'm assuming that's the same as the new DVD release? Anyway it was oustanding, and Hi def as well...

8. Get their cd: "Joyful Noise" and amazing blend of different styles of music!!!

and if you dont have the Alman Brothers Band : "Hittin the Note" get it too!!!