1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Describe YOUR Signature Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spinal Tapper, Feb 10, 2011.

1. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    THE FENDERBERGER

neck = Fender Jazz, '62 specs, RW with black nut & hardware
    body= Steinberger XL2A specs, D-tuner bridge with 19mm spacing
    tuner= built-in with LCD display
    optional DSP on board effects processor
    dual outputs with one dedicated clean channel and one blend-able processed channel
    optional stereo 1/8in headphone out

i know,... it's UGLY HOT, but she plays and feels like one million parceps!!!

(can someone please Photoshop this abomination)

2. nickbear

nickbear

Jun 12, 2007
    surrey, uk
    body - ash p bass body natural finish
    neck - 32inch scale jazz bass neck with a slim back maple finished in vintage tint. no fret markers
    pickups - not too sure although im fairly happy with my seymour duncan spb2's so il go for them. nothing too fancy.standard VT pots with a nice input jack
    hardware- chrome hipshot cloverleaf tuners and a hipshot bridge
    tort scratchplate, chrome knobs, chrome dunlop straplocks

its not too crazy, i love playing my p bass more than any other bass but i would love a 32inch scale neck on it.. i could do a warmoth if i wanted to i suppose!

3. Mine's easy:
    Fender AmDeluxe J-bass, 35", 22 frets, ash body, 6 string with hipshot detuners for the low B and E.

4. Frenchdaddy

Frenchdaddy

Jan 24, 2009
    Thonon France
    Ok, mine would some kind of a Fender "starcaster" bass :
    Hollowbody with center block with the shape of a Fender starcaster guitar, jazz bass neck with rosewood fingerboard, 2 bartolini soapbars, passive electronics, hipshot lightweight tuners. Color would be natural or light sunburst. Headshape would be left to the luthier to express his creativity.
    I may have that done one of these days.

5. Okay, let's see.

Michael Kelly Club Custom 5
    Spalted maple top
    Mahogany Back and sides
    Same preamp and pickup already used, but also a rickenbacker-style pup where the soundhole is,
    A soundhole behind the bridge on the shape of a crescent moon
    23 mandolin style frets on an Australian Blackheart fretboard
    And the standard Club Custom inlays

6. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I think I would like to see some kind of G&L l2000 JB hybrid. Jazz body with l2000 electronics. With the series/parallel being a series/parallel/single coil, plus on the volume knob another single coil option like inner coils that functions only in parallel. And my neck choice would a bird eyes gun oil tint maple neck that's bound with a match headstock. All in some kind of purple sparkle.

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    There is no one Signature that would capture what I like to play ...

Burloakric-b.

fb5%20056.

sg5%20001.

mb5%20032.

b001%20019.

sxmm02.

5f%20012.

p-bass5%20001.

8. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Ritter. Roya.

6-strings, 17mm string spacing (more or less), 4-band Knoll EQ, two quad-coil pickups (individually selectable into humbucker, jazz, and p-pickup configurations), thin neck, Ultralight tuners, wenge neck, ebony fretboard, 27 frets, figured walnut wings, and all black hardware.

Similar to this, but as a 6-string:

9. Gibson RD shape. Dual P (regular position and bridge position). Passive. VVT. 35" scale. 4 string. Some sort of specially designed bridge that allows for a huge saddle adjustments for A tuning up to E tuning w/ different string guages.. Unfinished or nitro maple neck w/ ebony fretboard. Alder body. Tobacco burst. BWB PG. 2x2 17 degree headstock w/ grover tuners. Dunlop straplocks

10. ffutterman

ffutterman Talentless Bass Enthusiast

May 7, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Perfection.

11. RLK

RLK

Apr 15, 2006
    Clinton Township, MI
  12. Spector NS-5 body
    Ash body, flamed maple top
    24 fret graphite neck (bolt-on construction)
    EMG 40CS/DC pickup combo with Spector Hazlab preamp
    Red stain finish
    Gold hardware with Grover tuners and the Spector USA bridge.
    Slim neck profile much like the Ibanez SR basses.

13. MattyH

MattyH

Jul 20, 2010
    Long Island

Dude of course EB does endorsements! John Petrucci, Albert Lee, Steve Morse, and I could be wrong, but I believe Johnny Christ from A7X has a new signature Stingray. Don't stop believin'! Maybe you'll get that bad boy made one day!

14. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
  15. Fat.Mike

Fat.Mike

Dec 15, 2006
    Tulsa, Ok
    G&L SC body enlarged to bass proportions. 1 big bad MFD bucker right next to the heel of the ebony boarded #8 neck, L1K knob layout/pre. Would be a thump monster. Finished in either their new Margarita Frost finish or aged white with matching headstock. But hell if I'm endorsed, both! Oh pipe dreams...

16. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Nice! Mine would be G&L also. It woud start with an L-1500 with the #8 neck (1.5" nut, 12" radius). For mine, G&L would build a noiseless, large pole MFD J-type pickup, which would go a couple inches closer to the neck, a la Sterling HS. It would have the L-2000's preamp, plus active buffering and a blend pot for completely progressive pickup blending. We'd also need a drop tuner for the E string.

And then we'd have the Comanche bass, with THREE split-coil MFD pickups and the L-2000 pre.

17. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I'll give this a try:

- Lots of strings.... i mean LOTS.
    - Some video game theme
    - Be capable of extreme violence and assisting in the delivery of a litter of puppies

Oh, and it would have freckles too.

18. My signature bass would be made of the wood from the blood stained giant spikes Vlad used to impale his enemies upon, stings made from the re-forged steel of Excalibur, bridge crafted from Thors Hammer, paint infused with the blood from Countess Bathorys' bath, and the pickups created by the mighty Vulcan in the Forge of the Gods.

IT WOULD BE the best bass for metal.:bassist:

19. Kipaste

Kipaste

Jun 27, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    Hmm.. I guess mine would be a cross between 70's style fender and a ken smith. So I'd start with a 22 fret bolt on maple neck with bound 7,25" radius ebony fingerboard and block inlays. Ash body with flame maple top. Pickups would be two nordstrand NJ 4's. One in the 70's jazz bridge position and one placed at the position where ken smith/ peavey cirrus have their neck pickup. Top it off with john east preamp and it would be done.

20. Lazerrus

Lazerrus

Dec 18, 2010
    AWESOME is not a strong enough word to describe that bass! What kind of pups are in that? I see the jazz bridge pup but what are the others?