1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Desert island bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stormer, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Stormer

Stormer

Jul 24, 2012
    Firstly, i'll apologise if this has been done a thousand times already, but, if you were to be stranded on a desert island with only one bass, what would it be.

(oh, before some smart ass asks about electricity on this island, lets just assume there is a really really really long extension cable
    plugged into a socket thousands of miles away.....and an amp.)

For me, my pbass with flats.
    anyone else?

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'll go with a doghouse bass. When I got tired of hanging out on the beach playing it, I could paddle her to the mainland.

3. Stormer

Stormer

Jul 24, 2012
    Nice!!!

4. For me it's a P, flats or rounds doesn't matter.

5. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    ... a good solar panel power system.

Personally I think that being stranded on a remote island for a while would be a great opportunity to learn a new instrument so I think I will play this nice cello that just washed up on shore! If it has to be a bass guitar then I will boldly say I'd take the Reggie Hamilton I have ordered but not yet received. Hmmm, maybe it has already been delivered to that island and is there waiting for me???

Ken

6. Stormer

Stormer

Jul 24, 2012
    So thats what the big UPS package is!!

7. AbyssalGhost

AbyssalGhost

Jul 17, 2012
    a sno-glo rickenbacker 4001 that has aged just right.....i shall name him wilson.....WILSON!WWWWIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOONNNN!

8. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much

Jul 2, 2011
    Milton Keynes, UK
    A fretless 6er. I wouldn't be able to play one well at the moment, but by the time I'm rescued...

9. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    An island with power? Muahahaha.... 2 Ampeg SVT 810 stacks, a Rickenbacker 4003, a Rat, and a pair of earplugs.

10. JMimbs

JMimbs

Jan 5, 2012
    Central Florida
    P Bass with semi-flats and an Ampeg B-15.

11. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    My Ken Lawrence Brase 5 -
    Brasecroppeda.

Dan K.

12. xUptheIronsx

xUptheIronsx Conform or Be Cast Out....

Feb 6, 2010
    C-ville, Col, Ohio
    it would be my 80 J bass...and wouldn't even need the amp...

...and I would be trapped on an ice berg...I hate the heat

13. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    well since i wouldn't need to be heard in a mix, I would pick something that sounded great by itself but that i would never play in a band setting. maybe an alembic or something like that.

but in a related topic, if the house was on fire, i'd be grabbin' my P bass.

14. It would have to be my favourite bass, my Maton JB4, awesome bass indeed :)

15. the wako kid

the wako kid

May 11, 2011
    Denver,CO
    my P with some tapes,because I'd be terrified of some metal strings corroding on the beach.

16. That Ken Lawrence is sweet!

Here's mine....my 6 string Jerzy Drozd. She's been my #1 since 2007.

MasteryVI022.

17. An Ibanez SR600 powered by Mercury (for when I want to leave) after I hook up with Mary Ann.

18. Mymtd kz. The neck fits my hand perfectly!