Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Design Flaw.. :S... Any help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ZenBass, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Slight issue with my shuker that I have recently discovered while gigging with it for the past month or so.

I had the knobs laid out in a Nordstrand style around the bottom edge of the body.. look fantastic but with one slight snag...

The volume knob is placed to high and close to the edge of the fingerboard and since its a small bodied bass (as u can tell frm thr pictures) when gigging and going in to slap solo's and stuff like that I have a bad tendency to knock the volume knob with the side of my hand and suddenly the bass jumps frm being quiet to loud and visa versa.. the pot itself is not adjustable for tightness on the spindal (as my GB ones are) and I know that pots cant be reversed.. at the moment a nice slab of black gaffer covers the knob during practices and gigs..

Is there anyway of maybe solving this.. cause it bugs the hell out of me.. I play very similar to mark king and Stu Hamm tumb up and do lots of down strokes with my thumb so you can imagine how easy it is to knock.

A reversed pot maybe an idea so the volmue would always be full but as you will know from gigging you alter the volume a lot during in a gig depending on the style of song and certain sections.. which is very frustrating...

Picture is here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers Peeps.. Always far too helpful :)

Zen

2. One thought might be to swap knobs on the bass. My Nordie and my older MTDs came with small rubber knobs that would probably a bit harder to hit accidentally. The also have the benefit of letting you see at a glance what your settings are, which might be a help if you change the controls around a lot...

Mike

3. I dont mean to come off as an ass but thats way to many knobs, I would be playing with them all the time just to see what sounds i could make. JMHO