1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Design My Passive elctronic's

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pandathe3, Mar 28, 2009.

1. pandathe3

pandathe3

Mar 3, 2009
    Hi all. So, the past few months i have been think of designing my own passive electronics in my jazz bass. I have a few options so far but this is basically what i want:

1st Knob: Master volume (Push/pull) Series/parallel.
    2nd Knob: Pick-up blend knob
    3rd Knob: Tone knob w/ Mid Scoop switch.

So, from looking about i have found a few pages of diagrams and schematics but, tbh, i can't still make sense of it all. I'm still abit new too all of the electronics still (Only just managed too change pup's the other day). So, i was just wondering whether anyone would be able too come up with a rough diagram i can follow which wires it all correctly.

Basically, from what i can tell I'm going too have too wire the pickups into the blend knob first, the into the master volume (As its a series/parallel switch). The tone and switch runs from that and so does the output.

I want too be using this : http://www.jpbourgeois.org/guitar/micos1.htm I will be using the mid range cut mod diagram, but if anyone can come up with a design that uses a switch (DPDT?) that just cuts mids when told, and the tone pot stays the same?

I will also be placing a .001 cap on the master volume pot so i wont loose my highs when lowering the volume. My standard Tone cap is a .033.

I know it seems pretty confusing but it'd be greta if someone could make sesne of it all. cheers.