Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Designs of Aguilar,Epifani,Bergantino.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fast slapper, Aug 2, 2002.

1. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    I read this on the Bottom Line,

Jim Bergantino designed the Aguilar cabs, and helped design Epifani cabs. Just thought it was an interesting fact to know.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Hmmm... i think that's right. but with Nick, he was an assistant or something.

but remember he only helped design them, but they are different animals in their own right.

but also just goes to show that Jim's the man. :D

3. WinterBass

WinterBass

May 19, 2002
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD
    I was just in a Sam Ash yesterday and the salesman said that Jim Bergantino ripped off the Epifani design of the 3x10. I do not know how much to believe. I have a Bergie 3x10 and love it. I AB the Epifani and the Berg and made my choice. I know the salesman is affiliated with Epifani which could explain the unkind words he had about Bergantino. To me both 3x10 speakers were very different! Do any of you guys know anything more about this?

He also said that Epifani has a patent on a 3x10 design. I don't know, could I patent a three legged table if I wanted?

4. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Demeter also has a 3x10, and I'd be willing to bet some other companies do as well. Anyway, Berg's seems to be quite different in design. The Berg is wired for a lower impedance, has better frequency response specs, and is a great deal heavier, suggesting something that was designed to be more of a "stand-alone" stage cab, whereas epifani's seems to have been designed with portability in mind.

5. bassboat

bassboat

Sep 27, 2001
    Re:

I read this on the Bottom Line,

Guys, don't believe everything you hear (or read on the internet!)
    People (manufacturers, salesmen, etc...)have all kinds of reasons for saying stuff.