1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Desperado Dave (David Lee Roth packin' heat)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, May 2, 2003.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Did you guys see this?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20030501/ap_en_mu/people_lee_roth&e=5

David Lee Roth Detains Unwanted Visitor

PASADENA, Calif. - David Lee Roth (news) got an unwanted visitor when a man being chased by police climbed over a fence and tried to hide in the rock star's yard.

The former Van Halen frontman's publicist said Roth used a shotgun to hold the man at bay until police arrived, but police spokeswoman Janet Pope could not confirm that Wednesday.

"He was laying on the grass when our officers arrived," Pope said of the man arrested.

She said Charles Cooley, 47, was being pursued by officers responding to complaints of someone throwing rocks at windows around 2 a.m. Saturday. He was arrested for investigation of amphetamine possession.

Roth publicist Lathum Nelson said the singer stood on his second-floor balcony and pointed a shotgun on the intruder until officers arrived.

"Dave cornered the guy with his shotgun. ... When the cops got there, he put the gun away," Nelson said Wednesday.

brad cook

2. Ahhh the internet. Purveyor of tasteless news, oddities of humanity and harbringer of the apocalypse.

I wonder if they would have written that story if it had just been a regular person.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think that's awesome. put a bunch of holes in him, dave! :D

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I can imagine Dave pumpin' rounds out in a rage and saying to himself "I was the BEST SINGER they ever HAD, damnit! Damn Hagar didn't even KNOW how to DRESS!!" and so on...just taking out years of pent up rage. :D

Sorry...imagination.

brad cook

5. DLR Movie Scene #36--An Intruder

PERP: "Who are you?"
    DLR: "I'm your ice cream man, baby."

DLR chambers round in shotgun, and dispatches PERP with authoritative blast, flollowed by requisite jumping scissor kick.

6. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    hey, if Dave is supposed to be all this martial-arts stud, why did he need a shotgun? Not like I am disapproving of the choice, but I am fat and slow... a shotgun is a great equalizer... But Dave?

:D

P@

7. ConU

ConU

Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    Yes...it's a laff a minute...you can't put it down.There was only one Diamond Dave,the rest were pretenders,they broke the mold after him:D

8. On that note, please take a look at the picture I found on cameltoe.org!

9. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Hehe that actually made me laugh out loud! Good one! :D :D