Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Desperatly need help with buzzing!!

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by kik4adog, May 27, 2002.

1. kik4adog

kik4adog

Jan 3, 2002
    I have recently been hearing an off and on buzzing while playing my double bass.
    I have spent much time with my ear up to just about every ince of the body of my bass and the most I can come up with is, for some reason, whenever I apply pressure to the front body of my bass (right underneathe the bridge) and push down on it (toward the sound post) it seems to subside.At least for a while and then it comes back.

Does anyone out there have any idea what this could be?

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Buzzes are fun, eh?

It could be and probably is a seam coming loose. Ply or wood bass? Plywood can get unglued spots between the layers sometimes. The three worst offenders are seams, machines, and pickups. You might also check the ends of the strings in the peg box and see if they are causing the problem. Uglier culprits are cracks and loose bass bars. It could be something in the room, too. My tea kettle raises hell if it's sitting on the stove just right.