Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

despritly looking for certain bass tabs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by joycough, Feb 28, 2001.

1. joycough

joycough

Feb 28, 2001
    Canada
    If anyone knows where I can find bass tabs to
    Down - stone the crow
    and
    Primus - nativity in black, Including begining bass solo
    Please let me know

2. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    You will find a better response from the guys in the Bass Guitar forum. This is the Double Bass forum. That ain't a kind of drum kit - it's the real bass, (your probably refer to it as: upright, standup, acoustic, doghouse, bull fiddle).

We typically don't use tablature. Good luck elsewhere and pay attention to where you are posting.

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Rablack, youd probably be better to just not post...he wont find his way back.

And hey, what do you mean "we typically dont use tab"?! Dont know about you, but i dont see to much "Real Bass Tab" sites myself!

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well this site does have its own tab archive and if you look under Jimmy Blanton, there is one of his solos with Ellington tabbed - and some of it is even bowed! ;)

5. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    Hey Bruce - I checked the referenced Blanton tab. Scrolled down to the bottom and saw the following admission from the guy who posted the tab: "maybe there's something perverted about putting string bass music into tab" - Yup.

Angus - yer right, typically was the wrong word. Although after the recent discussion around here of Ravel's notation system for harmonics one might argue that there is a wee bit of legit double bass tablature.

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Good call, Bruce!

Seems pretty weird that they have a resource for the none-reader on a bass that almost always played by a reader who also has good ears (kind of a must!); and this is the total opposite of the electric tab. Tab is also generally for kids, who don't usually play the good ol' string bass, because Fieldy doesnt. Sad.

But, theres exceptions to everything i guess! Id still like to hear that Sabbath tune played on a double bass!

7. nickchalk

nickchalk

Jan 30, 2001
    Well there is those guys who played an album of Metallica on four cellos. I think they are releasing (or have) a new album with tunes from 80s metal bands.

8. joycough

joycough

Feb 28, 2001
    Canada
    if they have their name is Apocalyptica

9. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Yes they are called Apocalyptica and they are from Finland.Their first album was called "Apocalyptica Plays Metallica By Four Cellos" and has been a tremendous success.Their second album was called "Inquisition Symphony" and had covers of Sepultura,Faith No More,Metallica and some more,as well as some compositions of their own.They released their third album,"Cult",a few months ago.It is based on their self composed songs.I've only listened to a couple of them and they are great.Hope this helps