Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Destinys childs bassist???

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Murf, May 27, 2002.

1. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Hi Guys,
    I just caught a clip of destinys child performing independent women (charlies angels theme) at some awards show and MY GOD the bassist was seriously laying it down, his/her? live sound was monstrous, a huge room rattling boom and really high up in the mix as well (for a change), on the last chorus he/she broke away from the main riff and started playing this hugely funky jamersonesque type groove which KICKED ASS!!!

Anyone know who it is??

(if thats what they could do with the simple line on independent women I'd love to hear what they do with Bootilicious.....mmmmm...bootilicious).

2. From what i remember of seeing them live (it was a festival, i didnt pay to see them specifically) it was big black guy and was playing a Warwick, and yes he was awesome.

OOOOOH, he is on the Warwick site and he is called........ Maurice Fitzgerald and is from the US apparently. That's all the info i have.

sim

3. Alla

Alla

Sep 25, 2000
    Italy
  4. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    I saw a DC concert from MTV some time ago. Great band! The songs really opened up when played live. The bassist had a Roscoe and the tone was phenomenal. Those chicks don't look bad either.

5. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    thanks for the info guys.

(now if I could only find out his live set-up I'm laughing)

6. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    SWR Goliaths and propably some SWR amp.

7. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I saw them on TV, a short concert, don't know where from... he (Maurice) was playing a 5-string Warwick SSI, IIRC. He managed to get a great tone from it. Very tight and grooving band, and the girls knew what they were doing too. I was quite impressed by the performance, although I'm not a big fan of their music.

8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I don't know much about their bassist, but Beyonce Knowles is h - o - t, hot!

9. i dont see maurice anywhere on the bass player may 2002.

10. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    WOOHOO, Sweet, I've recently been looking at different amp combos and it was a toss up between SWR or Ampeg.....looks like its SWR for me then :)

11. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    How can you be sure that it was the tone of the cabinets that you heard?

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I agree - with stadium-type gigs or TV appearances, it is almost certain that you are not hearing the sound of the amp/cab, but rather a feed through the board and p.a.

13. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yeah but i can bet good money that you will still love the swr goods! Man i sure do! But then again the ampegs are great as well.