Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Detailed specs on Walter Woods Ultra amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassisten, Mar 25, 2005.

1. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi guys!

I´m about to go for a Walter Woods Ultra amp, but I would just like to know more about the specs of it.

I know about the voltage switch and the wattage it delivers, but I need more on the front/back panel features (all knobs and connections ect.).

So please, if you own one please post an answer with all the features. Details are welcome...! ;)

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I think this might be already in some other thread...have you checked the archives?

Here' s the simple answer (this applies to ALL the current models, not just the Ultra):

BOTH CHANNELS HAVE ALL THE SAME FEATURES!!
    Which are (left to right):
    input jack
    gain
    bass EQ
    tone balance
    treble EQ
    mid EQ
    mid frequency sweep
    effects send
    effects receive
    master volume
    pan pot (stereo model only)
    send mix (allows you to blend the original signal with the effects return)

Master features:
    bridge/stereo switch (stereo model only)
    pre/off/post toggle for the DI jack
    DI jack (1/4")

Back panel:
    power switch
    two 1/4" speaker jacks
    small toggle to switch voltage (hidden inside heat sink so you can't bump it).

That's it!

The input and output impedances, signal levels and EQ frequencies are all unspecified by Walter as far as I've ever seen.

3. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Brian!

you´re the man, thanks a lot.

I´ve been searching for threads, but didn´t find any that really digged into the specs. Thanks a lot man.

Is it possible to rack-mount it??

4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    It's your life of course, and you can do whatever the hell you want. But wouldn't rackmounting kind of defeat the purpose of having a light, portable amp?

He does make rack ears for it, but I think you're going to have better protection by putting it in a small Halliburton (or other padded metal camera case) and never letting it leave your side than putting it in a rack that's gonna get thrown around with a bunch of other equipment.

5. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi Ed!

You got point.

You could put it in a small shallow X-rack from SKB, that would work out nice.

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I looked into a number of case/bag options for my WWU, and I ended up with the Mooradian gig bag. I really like it a lot. In a pinch, the should strap can even be used as a strap for your bass! :p