Detroit-area TBers... Low Down Sound rocks!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by silentstranger, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Until recently, I thought you had to go to Washington, Florida or California to find an all-bass store... As it turns out, there's a place called Low Down Sound in Ferndale; if you live anywhere near there, you MUST check this place out. It's tiny, run by three guys, and the parking lot holds about three and a half cars, but the place has a better selection of gear than anywhere else I've seen. I paid more attention to amps than basses, but they have quite a few Laklands (which I don't believe I'd ever seen at any other store in this state...), some gorgeous-looking basses by local luthiers, your average Fenders, EBMMs and a few cheaper copies, one consignment Warwick, and some other stuff I didn't take much notice of. But the AMPS!! They of course had Ampeg and Hartke and stuff like that, but also some more exotic brands that I rarely see like Epifani, Bag End, Eden (not quite as unknown around here, but GC Southfield is the only other place I know of with any Eden, and I've heard GC is gonna stop carrying Eden), and AccuGroove (!!) I didn't have nearly enough time in my brief visit to try much of this stuff out, but I got a pretty good deal on an Aggie 112 from one of the guys' personal collection, and I can't wait to go back and play with all these new toys that were previously unavailable to me :D So yea, if you live anywhere in the area, check this place out! has directions and stuff. It's not exactly Bass Central/NW/Palace (I will visit those someday...SOMEDAY!), but this tiny hole-in-the-wall became my new favorite store within five minutes of walking in the door :)