1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Detroit-area TBers... Low Down Sound rocks!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by silentstranger, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Until recently, I thought you had to go to Washington, Florida or California to find an all-bass store... As it turns out, there's a place called Low Down Sound in Ferndale; if you live anywhere near there, you MUST check this place out. It's tiny, run by three guys, and the parking lot holds about three and a half cars, but the place has a better selection of gear than anywhere else I've seen. I paid more attention to amps than basses, but they have quite a few Laklands (which I don't believe I'd ever seen at any other store in this state...), some gorgeous-looking basses by local luthiers, your average Fenders, EBMMs and a few cheaper copies, one consignment Warwick, and some other stuff I didn't take much notice of. But the AMPS!! They of course had Ampeg and Hartke and stuff like that, but also some more exotic brands that I rarely see like Epifani, Bag End, Eden (not quite as unknown around here, but GC Southfield is the only other place I know of with any Eden, and I've heard GC is gonna stop carrying Eden), and AccuGroove (!!) I didn't have nearly enough time in my brief visit to try much of this stuff out, but I got a pretty good deal on an Aggie 112 from one of the guys' personal collection, and I can't wait to go back and play with all these new toys that were previously unavailable to me :D So yea, if you live anywhere in the area, check this place out! www.lowdownsound.com has directions and stuff. It's not exactly Bass Central/NW/Palace (I will visit those someday...SOMEDAY!), but this tiny hole-in-the-wall became my new favorite store within five minutes of walking in the door :)