Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Detroit bass fest this weekend, who's coming?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Don't tell me Cheezewiz and I are going to make off with all the freebies.....

So who all is coming? Maybe we can plan a get together. Pat and I are heading down sometime Saturday, and hope to catch some of the clinics, and hang out a low-down for a while. I am looking forward to slapping higher ground in the presence of guys such as Steve Lawson, and Jaco 487.

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    AND HE'LL DO IT TOO!

3. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
  4. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Also remember that Norm Stockton and I will be doing in-store clinics on Saturday night at Low Down Sound

Mike

5. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    One more thing - anyone want to do a late dinner after the clinics on Saturday?

Mike

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Mike..T Cole and I will be at the clinics and count us in for dinner.

7. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I'm fairly certain that I'll be there. Things have been pretty intense the past couple weeks. I haven't touched a bass in 6 days. That ain't good.

Peace,

James

8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Anyone interested in meeting up with us, PM me ahead of time and I will leave send you my cell number.

9. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    I was hoping to try to get to Hitsville either Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon, as well

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Mike..I pm'ed you my cell number. Tim and I will be getting to Detroit Sat afternoon.

11. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I sure am going to try! We have a gig the following Saturday and the weekend is rehearsal. I hope everything goes well and I can get away and come watch!!

12. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    I am hoping that I can gt a chance to go to the Motown Museum on Saturday afternoon. Anyone who want to join me is more than welcome. A little inspiration is a good thing, no?

Mike

13. jondiener

jondiener Guy in the corner, looking at his phone on break. Supporting Member

Dang!

That's what I get for not checking the board often enough! I have been wanting to check out the 'snake pit' (aka Studio A) for years, and to miss out on a chance to tour it with some bass aficionados... well, that's just plain unthinkable.

That's what I get for doing my wife's project list on a Saturday afternoon... DOH!