Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Detroit Bass Fest

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Aug 25, 2004.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Detroit will be holding its first Bass fest in Oct.there will be a who's who of Bassist performing,doing clinics etc.

For more info

http://www.detroitbassfest.com/

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    www.detroitbassfest.com

Check it out! It's going to be in Dearborn Mi, I have to say I really don't know much about the performers but it's about the bass and it's in Detroit so that's cool! The nice folks at Low Down Sound are sellling tickets and I am on their Email list so I thought I would spam it for them!

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Okay.......now, where's my Blackberry........got it.....October 24th.....no commitments!!......I'm there :hyper: :bassist: :hyper:

4. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Crap, I would definitely come down for that, but it's gonna be right in the middle of my courses! :(

5. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Just signed on .. Looks like I'll be doing an "in-store" clinic on Saturday and a Masterclass/clinic on Sunday - i can't wait

Dimin

6. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Jauqo,
    man, I can't wait to play on the same bill as you. Really looking foward to it

Dimin

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Thanks Mike I know some other Kats have been confirmed as well(that have not been posted yet).will you be there?it would be Kool seeing you there and maybe playing together.

8. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999

Looks like I'll be doing an in-store clinic on saturday and one at the fest as well, on Sunday.

I know of who you mean and when they are ready to post it, it's gonna shake some things up!

Mike

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Hey Mike I'll be doing an In Store Clinic and Later I'll be Performing with Vocalist India Omega Dawn( jayweb.com/india )

10. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Merging this with the other thread.

Cheezewiz and I are tentatively planning on making the 2 hour ride. I hear a certain Steve Lawson is in talks for becoming part of the show as well!

11. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Matt Garrison has just confirmed -whoa!!

Dimin

12. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    What time do you guys go on?

Is it an instructional thing?

We have a big gig the next weekend so we will be woodshedding for that but I will try to schedule around it...

13. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Some of us will be giving a Clinic early Sunday(Mike Dimin will be giving a clinic Sat and Sunday)and we all will be performing Sunday evening.if you go to detroitbassfest.com you can get info on what time the event starts and you can see the new added performers.

14. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Norm Stockton and I will be doing Saturday, in-store clinics. Jauqo and others will be doing Sunday clinics (again, in store) and the Sunday night performance includes

Jon Reshard
    Norm Stockton
    Mike Dimin
    Jaquo III-X
    Steve Lawson
    Freekbass
    Mike Dimin
    and Special Guest Matt Garrison

The truly amazing thing is that advance tix are only $15.00.

Mike Dimin

15. Hello guys-BobbyD. from Low Down Sound here with your official Detroit Bass fest update for 9-20-04.
    Here's the lineup in no specific order:
    Jon Reshard
    Freekbass (full band performance)
    Steve Lawson
    Michael Dimin
    Jauqo III X w/India Omega Dawn on vocals
    Norm Stockton
    special guest performer Matthew Garrison
    sunday, oct. 24th. 5 p.m. til ?
    all ages
    $15.00 in advance (tix are available on the website directly now, or call Low Down Sound toll free at 1-866-674-1646). $20.00 the day of the show. if you purchase tix from the website you can choose to have them held at the will call-they'll be there when you show up.
    There will be a ton of giveaways, and some really great raffle items. raffle items will include signed posters and tickets, an Ashdown Perfect Ten combo amp, and there will hopefully a few more really big things which I can't say yet, because they aren't official!
    The giveaways will include the over 150 sets of strings that have been sent to me so far, plus t-shirts, cd's, etc.
    All of the performers will have their merchandise-cd's, books, dvd's etc. for sale as well.
    Michael Dimin and Norm Stockton will be doing in store clinics at Low Down Sound on sat. oct 23rd. Jauqo III X and possibly some of the other performers will be doing clinics at the venue early sunday.
    There will also be some manufacture booths there-
    Low Down Sound will be there with a few of our custom bass cabinets to check out, and Laggan Bassworks will be there with some very nice basses to check out.
    Feel free to e-mail me from the website if you have any questions.
    hope to see you all there!
    BobbyD.

http://www.detroitbassfest.com

http://www.lowdownsound.com

16. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    bumpcity

17. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, sounds killer. i wish i could make it up there. someone needs to post pics. :hyper:

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Tcole and I will be there. We'll be the ugly guys.