Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Detroit Mini GTG

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by burk48237, Jul 6, 2005.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Not a great turn out, one death in the family, one guy installing windows, short notice,but it was fun and their was some serious bass hardware available! A Celinder 5, 3 different Sadowskys, a carvin 6, Alembic Series II , Pedula Buzz and a Skjold 5! Not stuff you see every day at guitar center! Lot's of gear talk, and between Ken and Tom, just about one of everything has been owned! Anyway here's the pics:

Pic #1 G (Nathan) with his Carvin 6, KJUNG (ken) with his Celinder 5.
    MALTHUMB (james) with his Alembic Series II

Pic #2 TOMBOULOUS (tom) with his skjold ,BURK42837 (steve) with his Pedulla Buzz

Attached Files:

2. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    What a great time! Lots of great basses, and EVERYONE (except maybe me) around here is a great player.

It was nice to meet y'all. looking forward to the next time.

3. Great to see everyone. It was fun. And thanks to LDS for letting us hang out!

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    You didn't get to hear me stumbling about on the strings! :meh: ;)

Sorry I missed meeting you, Nathan. I did spend some time with your fretless Thunderchief, though! :p

Oh, and Steve, remember, it's B-o-w-l-u-s! :D

Thanks again for a great time, guys! I hope we can do it again when MikeBass, Rumzini, Ralf Patterson, et al can make it.

Tom.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'm in for SURE next time guys! Sorry I missed it! Only Haynes Trucks and Otiel kep me away from ya!

6. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Dude! Puh-leeze! I was only there for a few minutes after you got there, but you had a sweet little D-Chord melody going on that S-I-C-K Sadowsky you brought with you. There was no stumbling that I witnessed.

Peace,

James

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Thanks, man! You are too kind!

Tom.

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Ditto. I felt a little bad about just dropping into LDS and not throwing any business their way. After the Bongo and the G-K, I'm out of the bass and amp buying market for a while.

Typically I at least buy a set of strings or something while I'm there for these little meet-ups, but I just picked up about a year's supply of Ken Smith Strings from the Sam Ash blow-out a few weeks ago. I also made GC throw in some strings on the Bongo deal, so I'm set for all my basses.

They are really cool guys there at LDS. I'll have to keep them in mind for other incidental purchases (cables, etc)

Peace,

James

9. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    sorry i couldn't make it :crying:

10. It is a great shop. I have a feeling we will all make up for all the hanging out with purchases in the future. I currently have a Focus and an LDS Neo3x8 on order, and am sure I will be buying more stuff for them in the future.

By the way, it was really something to play that Alembic Series II... that's a real slice of history... one of the bass models that kind of started it all.

Ken

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Sorry I missed you guys. It's always fun to to see you all. But, my house has no roof, my yard is a lumber yard, I do have nice lookin' windows though.

Let's try again sometime soon when the sawdust clears.

12. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    More pics, Just some different basses that showed up.

Attached Files: