Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Detroit-TalkBass-GTG!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by P. Aaron, May 12, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Feature here is MikeBass, Ken(Jung), Thor & Malthumb(James) in the lower corner. We are checkin' out the inventory of "Low Down Sound", and a few choice samples from everbody's personal stash.

2. P. Aaron

Malthumb's evaluation of Adrian Garcia's old bass, now owned by Ken.

3. P. Aaron

Mike, Ken, Thor, and James and a cool bass.

4. P. Aaron

Anyhow, Thor blew into town on a sales call and after that we all got together at Low Down Sound in Ferndale MI. Ken, Mike James and Thor played up the inventory and then together with Burk48237 we went out and consumed adult beverages and talked...Bass (surprise) amongst many things...Mostly musical.

Everyone seemed to have a good time, and it was a delight to put faces to some of the people here that I have had the pleasure to get to know over the years. These GTG's do take co-ordination, but they are great fun, especially when you can carve out a few hours to yak it up.

5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Mike, Ken owns a pile of basses including a gorgous Celinder I played before your showed. But, Unless Ken bought it yesterday, that F bass is the possesion of our own Mr. Mikebass, who will probobly be tradding it in for a Metro soon! :D Good time, Mediocre bands, last night at Memphis Smoke dude.

6. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    That bass thor is holding is actually a Lagen, a local bassmaker from Motwn, Ken also showed off a gorgous Stambaugh yesterday! I wasn't showin off anything, just buying, I picked up a back up bass.....

7. P. Aaron

The bands probably would've sounded better had Detroit won last night!

P.S. Nice spare!

8. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Sorry about that Smash, At one point yesterday we had a Celinder 5, Stambaugh5, F bass5, Laggen4, Marleux5, and F 6 frettless, that we were trading licks on (no one was interested in any of mine) and none of them were part of the stores inventory, pretty cool. Now we just got to get the Ohio boys up here...................

9. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hmmm...and why was I not informed of this GTG????? :eyebrow:

10. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Burk,

Thor was actually holding a Marchlewski in the 1st photo. That was my Marchlewski that I brought to the GTG, along with my Alembic Series I. This picture was taken after you had already gone.

Folks,

Mikebass and Jung could definitely consider quitting their day jobs. Mikebass has some seriously funky fingers. Jung had that Stambaugh standing on its ear when I walked in the door.

Peace,

James

11. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    How did we get through this event without a picture of P. Aaron? We gotta fix that.

12. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Thats his picture on the his avatar!
    :p

13. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I'm almost sure I PM'd you, and Mikebass had it posted,but don't worry, were gona do a bigger one on a saturday because everyone wants to see the Tomboulus amp collection and Cheesewizs wife (Kate Hudson)
    :D

14. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Kate Hudson?...for real? Tom will need a large U-Hauler for that!

15. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    No, but it use to be on his avatar and it's kind of a running joke, like my girlfriend Jessica Alba :p

16. P. Aaron

I am the Kaiser Sosay of TalkBass. Actually there's a pic of me floating around here somewhere in front of The White House. IT may have been lost when TB changed the format.

17. Thanks for posting the pictures. It was fun! I'll look forward to the next one. I hope to stay in touch with you guys and hopefully hear some of you play in a gig situation.

18. I see you went with the black pickguard. Looks great! That is a nice bass. Sometimes we all get so caught up in the fancy stuff that you can forget how great a good old (or new!) Fender can sound. I hope you like it.

K