Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Detroit TBers: Have you heard of Bob the Singing Bass Player?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by thrash_jazz, Jan 17, 2003.

1. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Bob's got some great enviro-rock, eco-punk, etc. tunes. Just wondering if anyone else knew of him.

2. I haven't.
    I guess no one else has either.

3. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
  4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I have read of him...

He always has ads in the Metro Times for fill-in gigs.

I've never seen or heard him play.

5. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    nope

6. I've heard of him, mainly in ads in Real Detroit and Metro Times and stuff. Never seen/heard him play, sounds intriguing though. "Enviro-rock" and "eco-punk"? Just when I thought there were already too many genre-names...:p

7. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    He basically made up the genre names himself... my old band used to back him up and I was just wondering if he had made any headway, or was even still playing.

His show is worth checking out at least once - songs are very catchy and I think anyone into garage rock and/or old punk would dig it.

Seems to be a lot of Detroiters around :) if anyone is interested in a meet up I'll let you guys know next time I'm there!

8. Spam2mapS

Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    For some reason he sounds farmiliar to me, but I don't know where I heard of him, if I'm thinking of the same person you are