1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Detroit TBers: What is the deal with this Cirrus 6er on CL?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silentstranger, Mar 14, 2013.

1. http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/msg/3662076254.html

I'm sure I'm not the only bassist who's seen this 6 string Peavey Cirrus from Southfield on the Detroit Craigslist. It's been posted and reposted probably dozens of times in the past year or so with fluctuating prices, but it never seems to go away. It looks like a nice bass, and if all is on the up and up, it seems like a killer deal...yet it remains. Has anyone contacted this guy? Is he a flake who needs to sell but can't stand to let it go at the last minute or something like that? Is it a scam and he's just collecting email addresses? Does he lure bassists to his place only for them to wake up hours later in a hotel bathtub missing a kidney? (just kidding about that last one, I think :eek: )

I'm not really in the market for a 6er, but I keep noticing this thing. I think I may have even tried to contact him about it a long time ago, but I don't recall getting any response. Any ideas?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]