Detuned my cirrus-6 adgcfb

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Well what the heck, I tried it and there is no frett buzz or anything! I did not have to adj the neck or the bridge at all! I got the idea from a a few gospel players so you can hit the low b flat and a notes, this is really nice, but I have to remember the notes are now a whole step up the fret board:eek: Peavey really put together a nice bass in there cirrus:bassist:

2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nope. Shouldn't be a problem. Most people think dropping it to A will make your bass to an instant Feildy, but that's just not the case. He mics his cabinets, and kills his midrange, ect ect. A nice bass, detuned should sound just fine, just tuned lower. It really surprised some people how my basseswere detuned, without clicking or clacking at all.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Cirrus works nicely for detuning, due to the fact that the strings are so tight to start with. A Cirrus B tuned down to A is tighter than a lot of other B's tuned standard.
  4. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Embellisher, have you ever tried flat strings on your cirrus or do you use rounds, if so, did you notice a big difference???