1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

develop your tempo

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by tito mangialajo, Mar 21, 2013.

1. tito mangialajo

tito mangialajo

Feb 1, 2006
    hello,
    I've found that useful metronome on -line:
    http://bestdrumtrainer.com/tt/
    you can set the bpm, the meter and, this is useful, the number of measures during wich the metronome is on and off, leaving you playing in silence and allowing you to control your tempo accuracy.
    I hope this helps someone. For me It's a great tool (and is free...)
    ciao,
    Tito

2. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    Here's the approach that goes with it. :)

3. Klangstudios

Klangstudios

Jul 13, 2013
    Hello everyone,

Just yesterday I have released android app for musicians which is the metronome with loud and silent bars functionalities, as the only one in the market.

Since, You are practicing musicians I want You to ask for Your comments about rhythm accuracy (which I know is essential in music - been there done that as a bassman, hence the name ;) ), tone of the ticks and functionalities You would like to see. You are the guys for which I designed this tool so I hope You enjoy it and help me making it the best drum trainer Google Play have ever seen :) It's based on the site You have mentioned above.

I hope that moderators will not consider this as a spam/ad or anything like that.

App can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.klangstudios.drumtrain

I'm looking forward to hearing You from :)
    Klang

4. tito mangialajo

tito mangialajo

Feb 1, 2006
    hello Klang,
    I download the app. Interesting.
    Do I suggest one thing? It's better, at least for me, to have a "neutral" sound to beat the time, not a pitch sound. I mean a woodblock or a bongo or similar (something like the old mechanic metronomes). The beeps that you use are pitch defined (G and Eb) and they annoy when a musician plays a scale, an arpeggio or other tonal patterns.
    My opinion.
    Regards,
    Tito

5. Klangstudios

Klangstudios

Jul 13, 2013
    Hey, Tito!

Thanks for a sugesstion. At first when I thought about this I was thinking about drummers and later I came up with idea that other musicians can use it as well. I will look to the code to see what I can do.

Also thanks for support!

Cheers,
    Klang

6. rgarcia26

rgarcia26

Jun 9, 2008
    Miami Florida
    +1 Great help and also I share the same opinion Thanks Klang