1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Devi Ever Dark Boost

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ginsly, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Ginsly

Ginsly

Apr 1, 2010
    Recently picked up a Dark Boost and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet - any thoughts about it? Adds some overdriven low end, but seems a bit too hollow or loose or something. I was looking to replace my Fulltone Bassdrive with it, and although it has more low end, it's not nearly as tight as the Fulltone and seems to cut a lot of highs. Not quite sure where to place it in my signal chain for best results either..

Thanks!

2. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    I know what you mean. I got one and brought it into the practice space to use on my main board and couldn't find a place it was useful. So I took it home and began using it on my practice-at- home board, much lower volume, and began to "get" it.
    Now it's back on the main board as my 1st effect...running it INTO other dirt works Very Well. I use it before an MXR BOD or before a Brown Dog or Xotic BB. Makes for a synthesizer like attack that SLAMS. (by itself it doesn't have enough midrange to cut the band's mix)

3. I run mine after all other effects. It does a great job of adding low end to those effects that sound great but loose low end.

MM

4. Ginsly

Ginsly

Apr 1, 2010
    Awesome, thanks guys. I've been using it after most of my effects, but I think I'm gonna try it before the fuzz especially. I use an Xotic Bass RC Booster near the end of my chain to add bass that my effects may lack, so putting the Dark Boost before all of the fuzz may be the ticket. I really don't want to give up on this pedal so soon...

5. Not to be obtuse, but it is called the "dark" boost. That tells me that its gonna cut highs. shrug.gif

6. Derelict78

Derelict78

Mar 18, 2009
    Slam it into Tubes That is by far my favorite use for it.

7. And may be exactly why I'd like it. In my continuing search for "The Perfect Overdrive," I've been searching out pedals that don't have harsh, fizzy highs. Hmm... must go take a look...

5sg.

8. Ginsly

Ginsly

Apr 1, 2010
    You're not being obtuse - I did expect it to be all about the low end, but I didn't quite expect it to muddy the sound like it was. I'm gonna play around with signal chain positioning and I think that might help a lot. Thanks for the feedback, everybody!

9. Hey man, I noticed you submitted clips to the clip data bass for the Dark Boost, however when I try to check them out it says something about your account being inactive or something. Anyway you could post those clips in some fashion? I really wanna check out this pedal a bit more than one youtube video. I'm hoping this could be the full but not buzzy OD I'm searching for.

& thanks for your cutom devi twin demo; was a deciding factor on me getting an Aenima and I love it :)

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021