1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Devi Ever

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andi45, Aug 30, 2007.

1. andi45

andi45

Aug 6, 2007
    Mansfield, UK
    I've heard good things about some of the the Devi Ever pedals on bass. I'm especially interested in the GF and the DB. I just wondered if anyone else had any experience/views on these pedals especially in terms of low end loss and such.

2. I haven’t tried the GF(I don’t see a GF in Devi’s line up, there are the DF, VF, KF and GZ.), but I do have an older DB (from the E-13 days).
    The DB will add a lot of low end. Mainly it boosts the bass and rolls off the highs.
    It’s also quiet when in use. Mine works best after other pedals and won’t work in front of some (db loss if in front of some pedals, impedance or buffering?).
    If big and dark is your thing get it.

Both the KP and TP sound very good with bass, and are probably the most controllable pedals in the line up.
    The 33 isn’t bad but looses some of the lows, sounds fantastic when followed by a DB though.

If over the top and out of control are your thing the DF, SM and especially the AE (most noisy pedal on the planet) get there like nothing else.

Any way, defiantly get the DB. At $55.00 if it’s in the budget also get both. It will still be less than most single fuzz pedals.

BTW over on the Devi boards there are sound clips, a forum and people will swap AR pedals back and forth so you could probably swap it to some one else later if it’s not for you.

http://www.deviever.com/

MM

3. andi45

andi45

Aug 6, 2007
    Mansfield, UK
    Cheers, that was uber helpful. And pardon my typo, I meant GZ not GF.

4. four2oh

four2oh

Mar 29, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    The GZ fuzz is godly! i have it in the "Spectacular" configuration (added Truly Beautiful Disaster feedback loop).. Sounds great on bass, holds the bottom end well, and the grit is good. Check out the sound clips on Devi Ever's site for the GZ, there is at least one with it being used on bass.

5. andi45

andi45

Aug 6, 2007
    Mansfield, UK
    I just got a DB and it poos from great heights on many drive pedals i've tried (in my opinion, naturally), so cheers for the advice and that. Only problem is now i want a GZ or TP:scowl:

Bugger.

6. anyone ever use an ND?