Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JMX, Mar 18, 2003.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Anybody heard this one yet? Opinions?

2. All I want to know is when is it out?

It's been listed on the site for a while, I heard a few tracks off it the other day when I saw him live, and they're frickin' awesome, possibly his best yet.

3. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The German release date is the 31th, but you can get it off the net if you can't wait.
    It's AWESOME, a little more "easy-listening" than Terria at times, but still a true DT record.
    I'll buy it the day it comes out.

4. I'm gonna order it from Devy's website as soon as I have hold of a credit card again.

"more easy listening"

As for as I can tell, there's a few like that ("Storm") but then (from what he played to us) there's at least one really emotional guitar-driven instrumental (he looked more focussed when he was playing that than at any other point in the gig) and then there's songs like "Suicide" which are just "more" than anything he's done before.

I am really looking forward to this record.

PS; have you got your ticket to see them (SYL, Devin Townsend band, Zimmers Hole)? I see from the back of the tour T-shirt (yeah, I bought it) that they're playing in Cologne 29/3/2003.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, more DT is always a positive thing!

6. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Gonna buy a ticket today, it's gonna be a blast (literally). :)

It's actually postponed to the 31st.

7. Oh my [insert divine being here]!
    After the europe tour, which of course never touches sweden, SYL is touring USA with Meshuggah!!! I think I'm gonna cry...:bawl:

I didn't like Physicist that much but I'm very curious about A.E.

8. Scok

Scok

Apr 20, 2000
    I had the pleaure of working on both teh new Strapping and DT albums (pro-tools stuff, samples and tracking Dev's overdubs). Both albums are fanstastic. A great experience.

My guitar player (Brian) is in DT and we have a Devin produced side project called evenlight.
    www.evenlight.com