1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade Devon Trinity NT 5 RARE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FilCo, Feb 10, 2019.

1. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey everyone. This listing is for my Devon Trinity neck through five string. This is a rare model, built in 2012. It features mahogany body wings, with myrtle burl tops and backs with a purpleheart veneer, a five piece neck of wenge and (I believe) mahogany, and ebony fingerboard. It also has purpleheart wood cavity covers, held in place with magnets, and matching wood control knobs. The pickups are Bartolini, matched to a Bartolini 18v preamp. 34" scale with 18mm spacing.

The body on this bass is very compact, much like old Steinbergers. It makes it possible to play this like an upright in your lap, if you were so inclined to do something like that. It may look a little strange, but it is a very comfortable instrument to play.

The strings on it are super dead, but I am going to leave them on there because, as is, this bass puts out HUGE low end. Really big, earthquake type, bass tone. Even if that isn't the tone you are looking for, it is fun to play around with it for a while. It is probably healthy for your digestive system too. I can throw in a brand new string set if you want one.

$2200 shipped.

Cash Offers: If you are interested in this bass at a lower price than what I have it listed at, and you would actually buy it at your price, feel free to make me an offer via PM. I am not the type of guy that gets offended when someone wants to buy something I have for sale.

Just don't make an offer and then back out on it afterward. That is flaky, and we musicians in general already have a bad reputation for flakiness. Don't perpetuate that reputation by actually being a flake. The entire world suffers when one acts that way.

Trade Offers: I always consider trade offers if you want to make one. I can go plus/minus cash as needed. If you have something in mind, please send me a PM with the details. Please don't ask me what I am looking for though. There are likely thousands of basses/amps/pedals/etc that I might trade for, and I am not going to make a list of those items.

Credit Cards/Financing: I usually list my items on Reverb as well as TB. I am set up to accept Reverb Payments, so if you want to pay with a credit card, or finance a purchase, these options are available through that site.

And now, the pics:

P1010219.JPG P1010209.JPG P1010218.JPG P1010220.JPG P1010221.JPG P1010222.JPG P1010223.JPG P1010224.JPG P1010226.JPG P1010227.JPG

2. Cutter8

Cutter8 Admittedly in need of adult supervision... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    That is one beautiful, unique and extremely cool bass! This is one of those days when it really bums me out that only medium scale basses work for me...

Koog and bass4worship like this.
  3. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    The 5 paragraph says it all. @FilCo is truly one of the Best on Talkbass! Deal with complete confidence as this TBer deals with Quality! GLWTS!

smcgov and FilCo like this.
  4. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Can you speak to the condition, other than dead strings?

5. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Sure, the condition is excellent. There is no remarkable damage or wear, no major scratches, dents, anything like that. The frets are in great shape. In some of the pics, you can see that the fingerboard looks dirty, but I have since cleaned it up. It is very fresh overall. I hope that helps. Thanks!

6. Hi there, what is the weight?

7. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    How heavy is it?
    You say huge low end, is it muddy?
    With the pickups close to the bridge, is it mid-forward or barky?
    Any sound clips to share?

8. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    I will get an exact weight tomorrow, but it is right in the average weight zone, around 8-9 pounds or so. The low end is huge without being muddy, pretty articulate really. One would think that the pickup arrangement would suggest mid-forward, but in reality this bass is more like low-forward. I would not describe it as barky.

I don't have any clips at this time, but I might get around to some in coming weeks if no one buys it by then.

9. nFinnyD

nFinnyD

Oct 31, 2017
    Utah
    *long descending whistle*

This lady is gonna make someone veeery happy! Wish I was in the market for a bass in this price range! glwts friend