Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DFW/Central Texas get-together for June/July 2004!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ty McNeely, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Hey all you DFW TB'ers, I just wanted to go ahead and try to arrange a get-together so we can get the word out about location and time and such to as many as possible maybe people can start making plans.

If I remember correctly, mbeall agreed to host, but if that doesn't still stand then please correct me mbeall!

So----how about it? I know we agreed sometime after June 5, but let's try and start settin' some concrete dates and times :D

Mod: Sticky please? :)

2. I'll try and make it...just depends on my parents I guess. It IS a good 4 hour drive after all.

3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Yeah that is definitely a distance for you jr. It will depend on what my work schedule is as to whether I'll even be able to come :meh: I'm hoping it'll be a time that I can come down to visit my girl in Waco and be able to stop back by for the get-together, but I guess we'll have to see!!

Anybody?

4. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'd like to take part in any TX GTG... but I'll just have to see what gels on the GTG place/date and then take it from there to see if I could actually swing it. Central TX and DFW are both several hours away for me... :)

5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    You and JR are pretty much in the same boat. He's from Houston and you're from Beaumont, so they aren't that much further apart once you really get down to it.

Hope to see you there---wherever that is!

6. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Bump...

I've got friends/family to visit in DFW and Central areas to help justify the trip, but I've been gigging pretty much every weekend and any time "left over" the wife has first dibs on! We'll just have to see how everything shapes up. :)

Oh, and how 'bout that sticky, moddy ones? :D

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm there, as long as I don't have a gig. And I agree with Don Juan Chipotle, we need this one stickied!