DFW GTG Part 2 - Nov. 6th

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Juneau, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Well, here it is, we are having another DFW area GTG on Saturday, Nov 6th.

Pete Skjold of Skjold Design Guitars was kind enough to offer to host the event again and we hope we can get as good a turnout as last time.

If the mods wouldn't mind stickying this post, Id appreciate it as well.

Hope to see you all there. This is also coinciding with the Talkbass "Let's Buy a Wish Part 2" thread. The Wish Bass should be Dallas about this time, and will be brought to the GTG for everyone to check out :)

To get the list started, I of course will be there:
    Juneau - Ill bring the Dingwall again, nothing new to show hehe
    Bassic83 (maybe)

Please post your intentions to join us below. The address can be found on Pete's website at the bottom. Also feel free to post or PM me any questions or concerns. Thanks again :bassist:
  2. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I'm going to try to get there, but it's the day after my cruise, so I may not be in the best of shape to fly. Wx permitting, I'll be there. If the wx doesn't look too good, I'll ship the Wish. Someone know if any of the FBOs at Addison have courtesy cars?
  3. I wasn't able to make it to the last one, but I'll plan on being at this one. I was hoping another one would come up soon. By that time I should have my BBE BMax/QSC/SWR Workingmans Tower setup that I could possibly bring. Let me know if anybody would be interested in checkin' it out.
  4. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Aaaaarrrgghhhh!!!!!! I'd really like to come just to be able to put some faces to your usernames. I'd even have the cash to come too!!!!! But I can't drive til Dec cause of my seizure. Oh well.
  5. I'm only coming if Pete's providing hamburgers and hotdogs!! :mad:

Wow, cool!! I will do my best to be there. Do we have a start time?
  6. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

I shall grace you with my presence as well, and I'll bring all my crap.

Right now that consists of:
    '93 Fender P-bass Active
    '96 Ibanez SR1305 (if i can get it back from Daniel E.)
    Warior Signature 5
    Skjold Custom 5
    Skjold Stage 4 (the silver one from the first GTG video)
    And my Quasi-Rig-'o-doom
  7. freakbass

Got any bass playin' buddies? Carpool!!
  8. freakbass

I stole this from the other DFWTBGTG Thread.

Skjold Design Guitars
    1047 E. Hwy 121 Unit D3
    Lewisville, TX

*Basically (for all points Texas) get on I-35 towards Dallas
    *Go north beyond Dallas
    *Take the BUSINESS 121 exit (DON"T take the Hwy 121 exit)
    *Take a right so you're now headed north on Business 121
    *You will go over some railroad tracks
    *Look for 1047 E. Hwy. 121 Unit D3 (it'll be on your left)

1.) If you own a guitar stand, bring it. If you two guitar stands, bring them. If you own three guitar stands......I think you get the idea.

2.) Don't be afraid to bring ALL of your gear, no matter how "insignificant" or "lowly" it may seem in light of other high-end gear. If YOU like it, bring it!

3.) PLEASE, if you plan on coming, post in this thread. That doesn't mean you have to read all of it, but PLEASE just post and let us know so we can get a headcount.

That's all, as far as I know. Pete Skjold is sponsoring this shindig (hence the reason we need a headcount).
  9. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Pete said he still had hamburgers left over from last time! hehehe

Also, they have the unit next to their old one as well now, so should have plenty of room this time, and of course, not 100 degrees in the shade will be nice too!
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make it as that day is jam-packed for me. I actually will be in Dallas but for my grandparent's 60th anniversary party in the afternoon and then I have to hook it back to Waco because that night I'm seeing Edgar Meyer play with the Waco Symphony Orchestra.

brad cook
  11. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

Just an idea....

I think Pete should put up a sign of some sort out in front of his shop. I found it last time, but only after circling the block about 5 times :D. Maybe just a big sign that says "TBGTG" with a big arrow pointing? Only we will have a clue what that means :D

Just wanted to say that there's most likely no way I"ll be able to make it that weekend. There is a possibility, but I highly, highly doubt it!
  12. Pete skjold

Pete skjold

May 29, 2004
    Warsaw Ohio
    Hey Ty ,

Yes I think we can do a sign :hyper: This place is kind of tucked away. Concider it done.

13. WOW Brad! Edgar Meyer??!! Can you smuggle some of us in there to see Edgar? That would make an awesome day - Bass get-together then Edgar Meyer. Of course he would put us ALLLLLLL to shame!
  14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey that's a good idea...we could do the cartoons thing where I we wear a really long trench coat and all sit on each others' shoulders.

He would indeed put us to shame. The Waco symphony is good stuff. Last month they did a concert with Itzhak Perlman.

brad cook
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Hopefully I can make it.
  16. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Could a mod sticky this pretty please? :)
  17. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I hope to be able to make it. I have an audition with a band next Saturday and if I'm chosen as their new bass player, I'll probably be rehearsing with them that afternoon though.

If I'm able to make it, I would be very interested in trying your rig. That's exactly the combo of pre and amp I've been considering looking into. The only difference is that I think I would want a Schroeder cab with it.
  18. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Well the cabs will be there too, you might be able to try em with his head combo.
  19. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    That's would be an opportunity that would be hard to pass up. I have mixed feelings about being able to make it. I really want to get into this band that I'm trying out for. So if I'm not there it's because I got in.