Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dhuff guitars

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by BoognishMang, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Hell of a nice guy too...bought my Alembic copy to help me raise $$$ for a tranny repair.
    Here's an idea: somebody's gotta design a bass we can get to the gig/grocery store/office on so we can sink less money into our cars and more into our toys (grin).
    KFS

2. banjofreak

banjofreak

Mar 13, 2002
    Take a look at these photos, they were taken to get measurements of the EB3 to make sure the D. Huff was as close to the original as possible.

Thought this would be of interest to those bass nuts out there. Heck, you can even make your very own replica!

http://www.exrayvision.com/wattsbass/

3. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    very cool looking bass!

[​IMG]

4. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

darrin's still working on this bass - he's making the finish extra metal flake purple!

on bass, watt

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Did someone say purple sparkley :D click for my Purple sparkley bass

Great choice Mike! you'll have to let us know how it plays when you get it.

thanks for the inspiration!!! (Ragin' Full on is still the biggest bass album to me. it's my reference point for everything else)

6. watt

hi,

thanks for the kind words.

wow, that's an intense looking bass you got there! incredible. I'll make sure there's a shot of the purple plower when it gets to me. I've already played it - up in seattle on the last tour and it was great!

"hagabard celine," huh? so you've read "the illuminatus trilogy" then? great, great read. very funny.

on bass, watt

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Darrin Huff is awesome....his work is beautiful and he's really nice, I see him going far in the world of bass luthiere(is that the correct plural?)
    I want him to make me a fretless 4-string, but not for a while, he's really backed up right now.
    the purple plower is sweet, I never thought purple could look so good on a bass, I really like ryans bass...it is beautiful with a capital Beaut-

8. watt

hi,

thank you much for supporting darrin huff. be patient and he'll get that machine built for you. remember, "no wine before its time."

on bass, watt

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Yes, I liked it. In the 3 years I've used that quote in either email or forums you're the second to remark... the first person only asked who he is :)

Thanks again Mike

10. watt

hi,

bass players have more connects than one might think!

on bass, watt

11. So....Watt, are ya gonna use it at least a little?.
    I mean you got it for free (I think) It's the least you can do.:) :p :D

12. watt

hi,

I play it at practice w/dos and the real oh my much. it's always in my living room and I play it all the time. great bass.

on bass, watt

13. Cool
    I wish I had it.

14. watt

hi,

I think they're only being sold in japan right now. I'll check w/fender.

I recorded w/it at a session for a pedro singer-songwriter named eric binkley last week. tracked great!

on bass, watt

15. watt

folks,

sorry to respond to my own post but I just wanted to let you all know I got word from fender that the mustang bass was just re-introduced in the u.s. this last summer so it's no longer only available in japan. they are built there though. they did a good job.

on bass, watt