1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Di-2112

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bart De Decker, May 30, 2020.

1. Bart De Decker

Bart De Decker

Apr 9, 2020
    Hi everyone,

Anyone who tried the Di-2112?
    It's not available in my country yet.
    But I'm really interested to buy one.
    I own the rack unit, but the compact size might come in handy for recording and rehearsing.
    I saw some demo vids on YouTube and once again I'm blown away by the sound.
    Now I want to know, is there a difference between the di and the rackmount apart from the tight switch?
    Thanks.

2. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Bring Back Edit/Delete

Nov 30, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    I tried and returned it. It sounds the same as the rack unit. The added tight button is nice too. It does have an internal button to tie the two channels together. Here were the issues I had with it:

- no bypass switch
    - blend only effects drive channel, not the deep channel
    - EQ still changes the signal even with blend all the way down

The only way to use this as a true pedal is to externally bypass it somehow.

It’s a great box if you want to use it as your only preamp or as a true DI. It’s just not well setup for intermittent use.

Bart De Decker likes this.
  3. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    The DI-2112 was never designed to be a pedal. It's a desk/amp top design with the "portability" of a pedal. It was designed to Geddy's specs. There is no point in a Blend control on the Deep Channel since there is already the Blend on the Drive channel and the Deep Channel was designed to be Blended with the Drive channel. If you set the Treble, Bass and Middle with the Blend off the signal is flat. You also have the buffered tuner output that can be run to the mixer for an uneffected output.

The YYZ is a better choice if you're looking to get some of the Geddy flavor into an amp you are already happy with.

Bart De Decker, Spidey2112 and Zbysek like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021