1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

DI Box for Sire v7

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Goat8, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Radial ProDi

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Aguilar Tone Hammer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Goat8

Goat8

Mar 26, 2020
    Hello guys, i decided to buy a di box for my sire v7 jazz bass. I will use it for home studio recording with behringer umc22 audio interface. I read many reviews about many di boxes and preamps. I got 2 options eventually:
    - Radial ProDi
    - Aguilar Tone Hammer
    My bass has active pickups and preamp(bass, mid freq, mid, treb). Which one do you recommend?
    I can buy a compressor if i go for radial ProDi btw.
    Thanks!

2. One Way

One Way

Mar 6, 2018
    Atlanta, GA
    I plug my basses (one of them is a Sire V7) directly into the instrument input of my audio interface with no DI box without a problem. I looked up your audio interface and per the manufacturer’s website it has both microphone level and instrument level inputs. This means you may plug your bass directly into the instrument in jack of the audio interface without a DI box. Look carefully at the audio interface and you may see it has an instrument in jack in the very center of the mic input jack. Two input choices in one connection point :)

You will need a DI box if you are sending the bass signal to the microphone type connection of a board. Buy the DI box if you intend to plug into a mixing board. Otherwise save money (for now) and just buy the compressor you’re considering.

Zbysek likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021