1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DI & I/O box together

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by camardelle, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Hi guys. I purchased a Radial DI box a few weeks ago so I could run my bass through a board. It worked super and I appreciate all the advice I got before making the purchase. I have another question, this time about adding an I/O switch so I can switch bass guitars during a performance.

Can I run two basses into this I/O switch before the DI box and route that all into a board from the DI box?

I sure hope I'm explaining this. I could probably accomplish the same thing by running through a tuner pedal before the DI box and mute my signal before unplugging one bass and plugging another.

2. bigswifty1

bigswifty1

Dec 8, 2011
    That box would work although you would have to use two cables if you want to utilise the "balancing" functions I think .

So would lots of other things like a tuner or one of the various circuit breaker cables (my friend uses the Planet Waves).

Mike

3. Likely cheaper for me, and less to go wrong.

4. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I have one of these on one end of my cable. Works great and it's only $10.

5. Interesting! Did you have to add it to the end of a cable or does it plug in?