1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DI / Pre-amp: Eden WTDI vs. Ampeg SCR-DI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Btbp, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Btbp

Btbp

Mar 2, 2008
    Everywhere at once
    I am looking for a DI even though I have one on my amp head.

This because of some scary pops when connecting to the board, and that amp blew once either because of that or another reason.

I want the Eden for the Eden sound, the Ampeg also looks good and could serve as a headphone practice amp.

I'm interested to hear your experiences with either or both of these.

2. smurfy27

smurfy27

Jan 30, 2009
    I have both. I also have an Eden rig to compare to. The Eden DI certainly has that smooth low end tone that Eden is known for. The gain, however, is very hot and sensitive and mine (I think it's a rare case) makes a popping sound when I hit the switch true bypass switch. I love the tone I get through this DI and the compressor is great bonus. If you're between one or the other and the headphone output on the Ampeg is what sells you on it, consider something like the behringer MA400 or a Rolls PM box to make up the price difference. The Ampeg is also a nice piece of equipment. I feel like it's more capable of really cutting through the mix. A little more mid rangy but still nice girth. The scrambler overdrive is nice too and runs seperate from the eq (therefore I can use it when I line it together with the Eden). The Ampeg has a really nice crispness to it.

For reference I play a Lakland 55-02. Sorry for not saying that one is "better" than the other. I like both, that's why I have both!

Btbp likes this.
  3. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Aguilar Tone Hammer is superior to both IMHO. That's what I use and I could buy any DI I want.

Btbp likes this.