Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DI problems with Euphonic?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Aug 5, 2005.

1. I got a new Euphonic Audio iAmp350 a while back, and the first time I tried to use the DI, I got nothing but a VERY loud noise. I took it back to the shop I got it from. They had EA send a new board that the DI is on. They replaced it, and still the same thing. EA sent a brand new amp (their customer service is top notch). I picked up the amp and took it home. I had it for about 4 months before I ever needed the DI, and when I tried it for the first time again I had the same results with the loud noise. I took it back to the shop and they are going to try to fix it again.

I know I should have tested it before I left the shop, and I have tested other DI's in the set-up I have, and they work.

Has anyone else experienced this with their EA?

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    No to the DI problems.

Yes to the excellent customer service.

Is it possible that your board or some other extrinsic factor is the true culprit?

Tom.

3. No. I have tried to use it in different places. Most recently I was recording, and I tried to use it and it put out an awful noise. I pulled the XLR out of the EA and put it directly into my Aphex Punch Factory and got a great signal. I tried to use it at church and it gave me the terrible noise and I grabbed a DI box there and it worked fine.