1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DI suggestion

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by nickwills, Mar 5, 2010.

1. nickwills

nickwills

Dec 27, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Recently I was filling in for a church. I was told not to bring an amp, that I would run a DI and use IEMs.

Well, long story short, I ran straight into a countryman box from my '62 reissue fender jazz and was completely unhappy with my tone. I didn't have my usual preamp with me (an aguilar db924), but randomly I had a pocket pod.

I would say that I was able to dial in a usable tone, but it really brought it to my attention how usable something like that designed for bass would be.

Preferably it would be in a more rugged enclosure than the pocket pod, have an DI out. A footswitch engage would be awesome too.

Basically, what I'm thinking here is a sansamp BDDI killer.

2. nickwills

nickwills

Dec 27, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    I should mention that the sound guy I was dealing with was the worst sound guy ever.

3. kful

kful

Apr 25, 2009
    Garden Grove, CA
    Great idea. I'd definitely buy one, especially if the amp simulation could be turned off.

4. There was some discussion about this toward the end of this thread.

I'm going to reiterate my belief that that a small box with; a M9 style interface to choose amp models and settings, a separate cab model knob (multi-position switch with no cab option), a XLR balanced out (with ground lift and separate volume out, or DB pad), a bypass switch, and a beer cozy would be the coolest DI box ever.

So long as it sounded good and was sturdy enough for proper abuse.

(Beer cozy optional)

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020