1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DI & wireless placement

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by tgriley62, Dec 28, 2016.

1. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    How do you guys/gals connect & secure your DI and/or wireless units. I have a Line6/G30 & a basic DI box. I have never played through a PA system but, we are getting one for the band. Is it as simple as to run the wireless receiver into the DI box and then instrument cable from DI to amp head and use a XLR mic cable from the DI to the mixer. And with this set up if someone trips over the XLR cable It has the potential to pull the wireless, DI & amp head off the cabs Would just putting Velcro on both the DI & wireless receiver do the trick since my cabs are rat fur?

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Yes, it's that simple.

Just use duct tape or gaffers tape to secure the XLR cable on the floor if you're worried about tripping.

Gearhead17 and s0c9 like this.
  3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Does your amp have an XLR out? You'd be able to skip a step and just go right to FOH from the amp without needing a DI.

I'm afraid I don't really have much advice as my wireless is in my rack with my head and I go to FOH from the amp I usually use. When I use my combo though, I have my wireless receiver on my pedal board. Regular instrument cable from last pedal to amp (taped down) and then XLR out from amp.

Either way, tape is your friend. You shouldn't have to worry too much about people tripping over it.