Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Diablo 2 l.o.d

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AcousticBass, Aug 7, 2005.

1. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    hey anyone here play Diablo 2 lord of destruction online on the ladder?

2. I usually play non-ladder but very willing to start a new ladder char, what realm?

3. Welcome to the 90's *super star*

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eyebrow:

D2 came out in 2000 and D2X (LOD) came out in 2001... what 90s?

And LOD patch v1.11 came out a few days ago (though I didn't download that yet... migh ruin some fun things...)

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Stop playing that game and your amount of 'life' will increase.

I played that a few years ago in my early teen years and it was one of the worst things that happened to my social life. Then i bought my bass and stopped playing games.

6. It's old enough as if it were the 90's. If you actually took the time to look that information up also, you're sad :)

7. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    No, I still remember it. Actually, I still have it around somewhere :p

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My fav game of al time, dont play it any more though.

9. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I was a huge D2 fan way back in like 2000-2002 but I never got L.O.D, I actually still want it. It's a great game but it's true it's very addictive. A few weeks ago I started a new character just for fun and nostalga and just getting him started took 5 days out of my life so I stopped playing.

10. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I play starcraft in spurts still.. Gooooo Zerg!

But yeah Diablo II WILL infest your life for extremely long periods of time.

11. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005

us east LADDER RESTARTS TOMORROW August 8th

12. Yeah, that really blows. I'll probably play mostly non-ladder now. Druids > All.

13. I played way too much LOD last year. But I stopped playing since April or so. Anyone play guild wars? Much better game IMO. If anyone does, lemme know and I'll invite you to join my guild :D

14. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Yup played that lot......actually am about due to reinstall it on my now fixed PC and start playing it some more......never played it online......and right now I need something to distract me from my PS2 and Need for Speed Underground 2.......my 6 year old son has gotten me addicted to this....and it doesn't have a fire/kill button..... :eek:

15. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Man.. Now that I think of it I remember playing D2 when it first came out.. took like half an hour to make a game.. then sorcerers ruled with blizzard.. and frozen orb didn't have a cast timer.. with enough fast cast people were casting like 3 orbs at once.. Good times.. Gooood times.

16. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    man i didnt expect to get this many replies from here

17. But you see, i have something called, first a 'Life' and secondly 'Willpower'. I can't see how people can waste so much time playing games, i have been playing since the day D2LOD first came out, still using the same 2 Barbs, btw, Tyreal's Might for offer, PM me.

18. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I would, if I still had it :( I lent it last year to a homie who was curious about it and never got it back :rolleyes:
    I loved that game... maybe I'll go and get it again. As cheap as they are nowadays, it's worth the few bucks they are asking for it :smug:

19. ahhhh diablo 2 , u i cant count the amount of mice iv'e wore out playing that game lol