1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Diameter needed - Changing The Tuners of '93 Peavey Fury

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 24hplayer, Nov 28, 2010.

1. 24hplayer

24hplayer

May 30, 2008
    Hello,

My beloved Peavey Fury bass tuners are in a bad shape and buzzing upon certain notes heavily.
    The bass also suffers from a neck dive, and so I would like to change the tuners to something lighter, probably Hipshot Ultralite.

The thing is I have no idea what is the diameter of the peg holes.
    Does anyone knows?

Would also appreciate suggestions other than HU.

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You already have the tools to discover this yourself - try pulling one out and measuring it.

3. 24hplayer

24hplayer

May 30, 2008
    Obviously I do. But I would prefer not to mess w/ old and rusty screws other than for the replacement itself.
    I love playing this bass and would rather avoid having it disabled for the few weeks shipment time of the new tuners.

Thanks again

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    If you've got old rusty screws, those should be changed anyway. When you pull your tuner, replace the screws. Done.

I'm saying this because your chances for somebody knowing the obscure measurements of your particular bass are pretty slim. It will only take you a few minutes to procure this information yourself.

5. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

If you're still looking to do this, PM me --- I have a set in great shape -- I'm changing to black.

I own basses with ultralights.. not sure this is a good investemnet for a fury.