1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Diamond Bass Comp: 18v power, how to use the red polarity cable???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andbaggio, Dec 22, 2019.

1. andbaggio

andbaggio

Dec 16, 2011
    Treviso, Italy
    Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out how to power my Diamond Bass Comp with my main power supply that I use for the rest of my effect pedals. I know that the polarity of the Diamond Bass Comp is inverted compared to the most effect pedals. I also know that in the box of the Diamond Bass Comp there is a red cable that is supposed to be used for inverting the polarity. I've being trying to figure out how to use it because whatever I do and however I put the cables it doesn't work. I can't power it and I still have to use its own power supply. Can someone help me figure it out so that I can just use one power supply to power up my pedal board and not have two power supplies. Also because the cables of its original power supply is breaking and I can't really find another one. Thanks

2. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    You may have a defective cable, because there is t much to figure out. You plug the little inverter cable between the Diamond and the power cable.

I never understood why Diamond chose to do this backwards to almost everybody else.

3. andbaggio

andbaggio

Dec 16, 2011
    Treviso, Italy
    Ok so I just have to put the red cable between the pedal and the other power cables that then goes to the power supply. Did I understand correctly? Tomorrow I'll try it out even though I think I already did. Thanks

4. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Like I said, you can’t really do it wrong. Makes me think the cable is bad.

5. andbaggio

andbaggio

Dec 16, 2011
    Treviso, Italy
    I guess I didn't look that well but I just found out (and tomorrow I will check and try) that my power supply for all my pedals should have two polarity converter cables, so if the red cable that came with the pedal is really bad, I should be able to do it anyway with one of those two cables. Tomorrow I have to find the box and cables and try it out. Thanks for the tips

6. kevindahl

kevindahl

Aug 21, 2006
    Vancouver, BC
    I am waiting for my BCp-1 to arrive any day now. I bought a Voodoo lab board and power supply and they told what me cables to use ie a Y adapter to a reverse polarity cable. It also needs extra juice as well. I am total noob to this stuff and had a little difficulty understanding the setup. Hopefully it's just a bad cable for you. Good luck.

7. Also, you might need to try out different outlets of your power source. The Diamond is supposed to work at 9v as well as 18v, just with less headroom. But with my power supply (Harley Benton ISO-5 Pro), the Diamond Bass Comp really needed one of the two dedicated 18v outputs to work at all, with the other pedals connected to the power supply. Running only the Diamond, it didn't matter where I plugged it in.

8. andbaggio

andbaggio

Dec 16, 2011
    Treviso, Italy
    Problem solved. I found one of those converter cables that came with the power supply for the pedalboard and finally made it to work just fine. Plus I made order on the pedalboard and change the AC adapter since the cables were broken and the plug was always loose. Thanks for the help

Sascha Erni likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021