Diamond Bass Comp Jr

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fun Size Nick, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Anyone at NAMM find out about this bad boy? I foresee BCP-1s in the classifieds in 5, 4, 3...:laugh:

FEF69855-0A0C-496E-8B86-1FBE60FD685E.jpeg

2. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    OH hell yes. I will definitely buy one of those.

arca_tern and Fun Size Nick like this.
  3. Col Pruse

Col Pruse

May 28, 2003
    Savannah, GA
    Awesome. Hopefully there's more info and a release date soon.

I was just about to pick up another standard comp jr but will def hold out for this.

arca_tern likes this.
  4. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    There was a posting from somebody saying March.

arca_tern, Col Pruse and willsellout like this.
  5. greencow

greencow

Feb 7, 2008
    Anyone know if this will still have the ability to use 18V supply for added headroom?

6. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I literally can’t find anything on this pedal. Not on their website. Barely on their Instagram.

7. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Yeah, I’ve been trying to find out more as well! I heard about it from a local music shop owner who was at NAMM and saw it there, but apart from that Instagram post I haven’t heard anything more - hence asking the question!

8. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I just shot them an email. I will report back when/if I hear anything from them. I asked them when it would be available, 18v, and price.

9. Defs watching this.

10. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Found this one as well but CB1F8D78-CCD7-41CC-8FCF-81E7B3C83613.jpeg
    I can’t inagine that it would be a problem - the regular comp jr is said to work fine up to 24v (just like it’s larger companion) so I imagine the bass one will also. The big question will be if it operates with a regular polarity plug or not!

11. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just received my reply back from Diamond on this pedal:

"Hi, thanks for emailing. The Bass Comp Jr should start shipping in April. It will run from 9V (battery or standard 9V negative tip power supply) but it is possible to power it from 18V (negative tip) but an 18V supply isn’t included."

Straight from the horses mouth. I believe this might be an instant purchase for me. Top jacks, smaller enclosure, same great flavor!

12. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    HECK YES.

Awesome, thanks for checking in with them @willsellout!

willsellout likes this.
  13. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    My next pedal purchase. Now accepting a pre-order on my current BCP-1 :D

willsellout and arca_tern like this.
  14. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Are we sure that it is the exact same circuit?
    Wonder what the cost will be.

15. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    Oops...just bought a used original from the classifieds last week...

NOVAX likes this.
  16. NOVAX

NOVAX

Feb 7, 2009
    Kalifornia
    Why slag the og? It's not that big. I'm not messing with a good thing to try foraging for real estate on a pedalboard.

Shadowkast likes this.
  17. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    My understanding is that the regular comp jr is the same circuit as its big brother, just using surface-mount components. By all accounts it sounds identical. I would guess that they’ve taken the same approach here. I’m interested in the price also.

Hey, no slagging going on here, but I rock a PT nano - I could always use a little extra free space! With the top jacks, this will actually take up MUCH less space than the original. This will basically mean one extra pedal can go on the board for me.

18. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't think anyone has said anything bad about the original. But it is much larger with side jacks. I never understood why a pedal with so few controls needed to be so large and it was one of the reasons why I kept the FEA over the Diamond in my shootout. But with a smaller enclosure....man this pedal will most likely kick the FEA off my board.

Fun Size Nick likes this.
  19. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    The size is mostly because it’s made with bigger components - eg bigger ‘through-hole’ resistors & caps like you might have used in high school electronics class. There are gut shot photos around on TB somewhere which show that the case is actually quite full.

Most pedals nowadays are made using much smaller surface-mount components, which is part of why quite complex effects are able to be put into increasingly smaller enclosures.

willsellout likes this.
  20. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Here you go:
    image.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021